Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: July 28, 2016 01:58AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: July 31, 2016 08:38PM

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: July 31, 2016 08:39PM

Posted by: perditious1 ( )
Date: July 31, 2016 08:50PM

half way through, fascinating reading, 19th century Utah was a scary place for exmo's and nevermo's ,thinking about it

it was a despotic theocracy, scary for everyone

Im just discovering church history so thanks for all your links Topper

Posted by: Darin ( )
Date: July 31, 2016 09:05PM

"'I think no more of taking a wife than I do of buying a cow” was one of Heber Kimball's (first counselor to Brigham Young) delicate remarks. Made from the stand in the Tabernacle to a congregation of several thousand. Most of his hearers thought even less of it, for they would have had to pay money for the cow; and as for the other, he had only to throw his handkerchief to some girl, and she would pick it up and follow him. Ann-Eliza Snow (Brigham Young’s Wife) Wife No.19, Chapter 17.
This was an excellent book and I would highly recommend reading it. Yes I agree it was a despotic theocracy, scary for everyone.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 11:59AM

Keep in mind this book also shows just how believing the saints were in that little doctrine called: The Adam God Doctrine.

This book leaves little doubt just how believing the mormons were in the 1880s in that DOCTRINE with a capital "D".

Which shows just how BOGUS the church's claim to having inside knowledge about Heavenly Father really are -- they can't even agree with the former latter-day saints just who they worship.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.