Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 09:16AM

If this is too political, please remove it, but I found this article about the history of Mormon voting practices and thought it was worth sharing with the board. It's got some information about Mormon history that most people outside of the church aren't aware of.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/08/why_mormons_don_t_like_donald_trump.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ec1 ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 12:17PM

I read it, but I had a really hard time swallowing it. I guess its my cynicism about the conservative area of CA I live in--the article really was talking about UT and AZ. That and my TBM sister-in-law said she was thinking about voting for Trump.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 09:26PM

I wonder if the author is Mormon himself. Anyone who considers the criminalization of polygamy a "persecution" of the LDS church (without taking the same position in regards to, say, Warren Jeffs) doesn't exactly come across as an unbiased journalist.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 12:06AM

This article seems nonsensical. The Mormons I know are as anti-Muslim as any group in the country, and to claim that they don't like Trump because they are "uneasy" to hear of another religion being persecuted is to ignore a hundred and eighty years of Mormon denigration of Catholics and Protestants.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 05, 2016 01:01AM

Hah! They don't like Trump because they've been told to dislike him. Mitt Romney gave a press conference speech at the University and denounced Trump.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.