Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Alexisnotloggedin ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 06:15AM

Does anyone know if Dr. John Story, the non-LDS physician in Lovell, Wyoming, who was convicted of, among other things, raping female patients, many of whom were LDS, under the guise of performing medical procedures, is still incarcerated or is even still alive? I've been unable to find any updates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 11:16AM

Have acquaintances living near there. Was told he was released and living somewhere near Lovell. That is 3rd hand information of course.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 07:12PM

unworthy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have acquaintances living near there. Was told he
> was released and living somewhere near Lovell.
> That is 3rd hand information of course.

Thanks for the info.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 07:21PM

"Dr. John Story, small town physician in Lovell, WY, was convicted of numerous rapes against his patients in the 1980s. Lovell, WY has a large population of Mormon families and they seemed to have been the focus of the attacks.

"Because of the structure of the Mormon family, reporting the crime of rape was horrendous for these women. Very modest and shy to discuss anything sexual, the thought of having to tell anyone about these crimes was very difficult. And of course patients that had not been abused defended him to the death.

"The good doctor, after having exhausted his appeals, served his time in Wyoming State Prison, being allowed conjugal visits every few months. He has since been released and now lives in another state with his wife of many years."
--http://www.answers.com/Q/What_ever_happened_to_Dr_John_Story

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: September 08, 2016 09:52PM

I read "Doc", the late Jack Olsen's book about the case, several years ago. Between the actions and ideation of the rapist and the attitudes of most of the Mormons, I got so damn angry I threw the book across the room several times! When I finally did finish it I felt like I needed a shower with a strong disinfectant.

Good thing it wasn't an ebook.

He's gotta be about a Zillion years old by now. I wish him a long, lousy old age full of nasty health care workers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2016 09:55PM by Doxi.

Posted by: Leila Bruno ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 04:17PM

one article said Story was 58 when sent to prison in 1986 and paroled after serving 16 years.

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: May 02, 2018 05:16PM

Lovell is truly a strange town. Lots of Polygs in the area.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.