Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mandy ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 06:35PM

I'm betting my tbm's see the headlines and get angry at the "bitter anti Mormons" who just can't leave the church alone. Their brains will go into automatic defense mode, of the church. They won't fully consider it even, or even watch any of them, despite the fact that they have a lesbian in the family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 06:45PM

So far, the TBM's I am acquainted with, have that "deer in the headlights" look and pretend it just ain't so. They are waiting for someone else to do the thinking for them so they can spout the explanations given as though gawd has spoken.

Pretty defenseless, (as are the essays) so they mumble to themselves, "the church is twooo, the church is twooo" as the spit runs down their chins. Beyond pathetic.

Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 06:46PM

TBMs would be perfectly happy if Mitt would be President AND President of the church. Nothing would make them happier. Leaks from Government to the 15? Cool..as they would say because we are the ONLY ones with God.

Posted by: brucermalarky ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 06:53PM

I've already seen the response from many TBM friends and family on social media.

They do what they always do, "the video leaks only strengthen my testimony of the church and the brethren"

"so awesome to see our inspired leaders getting updates and staying up with what is going on in the world, you can see how they are able to learn all these things and then go to th elord for inspiration on what direction to lead the church".

It just goes to show, if a person isnt ready to at least consider that the church might not be true, almost nothing can open their eyes.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 08:02PM

They won't view it, literally.

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 08:04PM

Go to Dan Peterson's Facebook feed right now. You'll see how they are reacting. Typical. haha

Posted by: sd allison ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 09:10PM

"It hurts my soul" said one on my Facebook feed. It sickens me that people react like this who haven't even looked at it. I remember feeling that way. You'd think it would give me empathy, but it just makes me mad at the cult.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 03, 2016 09:32PM

oops wrong place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2016 10:36PM by saucie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.