Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 05:43PM

I sat through all three meetings today.

What did I see and hear? P A N I C !!!

SLC is coming down on the SPs and Bishops haaaaard!!!

Anybody else get this message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2016 05:43PM by desertman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 05:46PM

Yeah, because SLC knows that the growing apostasy is the result of something the people at the ward level are doing or not doing!!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 05:56PM

"Think Globally, Punish Locally"

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 06:05PM

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 05:51PM

Not doubting you but care to give examples of what was said/done that leads you to your observation?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 06:08PM

Pushing them hard to do what, exactly?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 06:31PM

It's like in the mission field! The MPs tell the missionaries to increase baptisms. They say that baptisms will increase if the missionaries increase the frequency of their fasts, or if the knock on a minimum of X number of doors per day, or if they cut their study time by 30 minutes and hit the streets 30 minutes early, or if they issue baptism challenges during the first lesson, or bear their testimonies every time they get someone to listen to it, or wear dark suits, or cut their hair shorter, or shave twice a day...

The MPs come up with all kinda shit, and then when baptisms don't increase, it was the missionaries fault. Now transfer that to the afossils: they give the appropriate guidance to insure the growth of the kingdom, and when the kingdom actually shrinks, it's the members fault, and they must redouble their efforts to be faithful and true.

Damn those members for not heeding the guidance of ghawd's prophets!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 06:42PM

What the hell did they think was going to happen when they stopped talking to members, and started shoving every thing off onto the bishops and sp's? This is just another gigantic unfixable problem those old farts brought onto themselves.

They told members to not talk to them anymore, but go to your bishop and sp if you have questions. They neglected to give the sp's and bishops any answers to the questions people have. The answers are in the vaults and those buzzards in charge are guarding those with their life. They didn't want to be bothered by the little people. Damn it they have a real estate business to run.

Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 10:21PM

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: October 30, 2016 10:48PM

I was in a Bishopric when a Mission President, with GA and supposedly SLC support tried to blame the 'retention of newly baptized' on the stakes.

We (ward level)told the Stake no problem, we will not do any splits with the missionaries or get involved at all, if that is their position.

The Stake President seemed to agree with that position and took it back to the GAs ------ suddenly there was 'no' problems after all!

People will take only so much ------ it doesn't matter how 'brain washed' the leaders are if the members will not support something it is amazing how fast the 'problem' goes away and no one discusses it anymore!

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 31, 2016 02:00AM

If you've ever had a couple great years and let the spending go free...followed by a real penny stetcher...try to remember how that felt when you had to stop and think if you could afford a dinner out without suffering...thats how the afossils are feeling...good ghawd we havent got enough for lambchops at our weekly meeting with jeebus...you know how he likes lambs...this is bull...get those sps in here now...heads will roll...i havent kissed that much ass to live on a pension like the peasants...butts.i want some butts...as to op feeling this or having a personal note for back up...how else do you get what people are saying...you feel the emotion or the tone or the message...this needing chapter and verse for every dam issue is just way too ...mormon for me...the other thing thats important is the church has this growth frenzy firmly in members minds...if you stop spending it may get noticed and people wonder if maybe bedbug isnt scripture

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.