Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: November 27, 2016 12:28PM

The Sunday after Thanksgiving is usually lighter in attendance, but there was still a good sized crowd present. I was able to sit with Drdad with oldest and youngest sons on either side of us. Usually Oldest and I are sitting with the choir, but the choir had the day off. One of the young ladies we have watched grow up is a vocal performance major. As she is home for the holiday she gave a couple performances in place of the choir.

I remember when her goal was to have a rock band, play the guitar, and be the lead vocalist. It would be a waste of a spectacular soprano to focus solely on popular tunes. It will be interesting to see where life takes her.

The service was all under the direction of our intern minister, Justine Sullivan. There was a theme more or less of, “Get up, dust yourselves off, and keep marching.” Speaking of marching, First Parish had been headline news in our town’s newspaper when they covered our transgender vigil. A speaker at our vigil, Kelly Jenkins, credited youngest son (Patrick Snow) as her champion (and so did the article!) http://chelmsford.wickedlocal.com/news/20161121/in-chelmsford-vigil-honors-transgender-murder-victims

Youngest produces, films, and otherwise manages Kelly’s television series about transgender issues, “Kelly’s Quest.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTs5plyRonE Interestingly, years ago when he was a teen, I used this page as a place to celebrate how proud we were of him for his volunteer work at a TV studio. He is now full time with a local cable access station.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2016 12:46PM by msmom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.