Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 05:21PM

I mean...wouldn't that just be the most selfless compassionate act of love that they could do for me?

Others have told me that they've been contacted in the Temple(s) by the "spirits" of deceased relatives telling them things are OK...or that they're not mad at them anymore or have forgiven them...or that it's ALL true blah blah blah.

Still others have told me that they have actually "SEEN" their deceased loved ones in the Temple(s) full-frontal or have "seen" them and caught glimpses of them in the periphery of the Celestial Room.

Why didn't this EVER happen to me back then...or why even not NOW!!!

WTF...what's wrong with MEEEEEEEE???

Curious critical-thinking minds want to know!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 05:31PM

I had this same reaction after dead dunking my anti-Mormon grandmother. I was TBM back then and now feel bad about doing it. However, the officiator was in tears while he told those in attendance that the people we were doing temple work for were in our presence and very, very pleased that we were doing their work for them. I just felt cheated that grandma would talk to this guy and not let me know myself how she felt since she was always against our joining the Mormon church. I think that even then I felt like I was having my leg pulled.

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 05:36PM

My sooth-saying, religious TBM mother told me that if there were any way possible, she would come back, after death. She was determined, and told me that she would try very hard.

My mother was one of those people who knew everything, and she was usually right.

So, naturally, I think the fault is mine. Perhaps I have been blocking her with my disbelief. Maybe she has come back, but I have been too preoccupied with worldly things, to actually see her. Maybe the signs are too subtle to notice. Maybe her presence is too obvious--like maybe she has come back as my granddaughter, who is very much like her. Maybe Mother is at the heart of all the good fortune we have had as a family.

Absolutely--what's wrong with MEEEEEEE?

Are we too wicked, or stupid, or prideful, or what?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 06:14PM

Yep, I feel like I've been cheated, too. You would think that one of my TBM heavenly (?) relatives would let me know that I am following the wrong path by choosing to leave the church......wouldn't there be one who was willing to break the rules, stick his/her neck out for little ole me?

I, too, have heard story after story from people of their heavenly visits both in and out of of the temple. One family member, especially, seems to get more than her fair share.

I feel dismissed, forgotten, and blue.

My plea is the same, "What the hell is wrong with little ole MEEEEEE???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2017 06:15PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 06:20PM

I dunked Dad, and wept like a baby immediately thereafter.

He died when I was nine. I've lived more than half a century since, and have so much I would want to tell him. And also to tell him that, my whole like, I have loved and missed him, and I miss his love for me. He was the only person in my family who loved me unconditionally.

But he has never made contact.

What's wrong with MEEEEEEEEEEEEE???

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 06:26PM

You have to stop masturbating first.
Dead spirits from beyond the veil can't stand masturbating.
And since they're watching you all the time (yes, even when you poop!), they see you pleasuring yourself, and run back to Elohim to tell on you instead of contacting you.

Oh, well. :)

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 06:40PM

I think you were just to wicked as a TBM and definitely now...like me. As a TBM I didn't always read the scriptures everyday, and I was more like a phone-call / drive by home teacher, and I watched PG-13 movies that should have been R probably. So sorry you just wicked.

My uber ultra TBM ex-FIL, on the other hand, was not wicked. Because of his uber righteousness he qualified to see the veil parted. Once while doing temple work for his family - even 5 generations worth, he wrote that he saw the heads of each generation standing against the back of the endowment room. They were smiling and crying at him and they recognized him as a savior on mount zion.

Yep you're just too wicked :)

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 06:58PM

Because the veil is made from polymorph plastic and is therefore too dense for them to penetrate.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 08:42PM

Your ouija board is defective. Take it back to the store.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 09:01PM

Dude, I begged and pleaded my deceased loved ones to let me know that they're still around for years. I think I only gave up about a year ago. It was just making me angry that they didn't care enough about me to let me know they were there.

I think that stems from the numerous stories you hear of other people having amazing experiences. So you're like, "If they can have amazing experiences, then so can I."

I finally thought, "What am I doing? I'm getting angry at people who are most-likely not even there." So I quit doing that.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 09:06PM

Rather than asking what is wrong with YOU, you might start by asking what is wrong with all these people who have told you about seeing their deceased relatives.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 09:08PM

cinda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rather than asking what is wrong with YOU, you
> might start by asking what is wrong with all these
> people who have told you about seeing their
> deceased relatives.

Yep. That's where your mind wanders to next, once you realize it's time to quit trying. LOL

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 09:16PM

I know too many close friends and loved ones who have passed on who would in NO WAY allow themselves to be somehow "spiritually bound" from visiting me. They would go Liam Neeson (picture the movie "Taken" in your mind) on some spirit dude's ass and knock them into another kingdom in order to make contact with me.

So why don't they?? Because they don't exist. Just another thing that strengthens my ex-mo testimony.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 09:23PM

One of the Faith-Promoting stories I heard growing up concerned
the Temple work being done for some guy who lived around 400
A.D. or some ancient time in the past.

Uncle Frank was doing the work for this guy who was supposely
his ancestor (from one of those "genealogies back to Adam"
lists). While doing the work he saw a strange man in the
corner of the room. He dismissed it as a hallucination until
afterward in the Celestial Room a friend who was going through
with him asked, "who was that man in the corner?"

"What? You saw him too?" exclaimed Uncle Frank.

My Dad told me this story more than once. First to impress on
me the TRUTH of Mormonism, and later to answer my skepticism on
the validity of the "back-to-Adam genealogy."

The fact that TWO men saw this apparition shows that it HAD to
have been real.

Later I read Uncle Frank's account of the "miracle" which he
had written back in the 30s. In Uncle Frank's original version
the friend didn't see anyone but "felt" a special presence.

These stories grow in the telling. I wonder what Uncle Frank's
original story would have been back in the Celestial room
before giving it time to "grow" in his memory before committing
it to paper for the edification of the rest of the saints.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 09:25PM

Because they're dead.

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: January 04, 2017 09:33PM

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner-Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 05, 2017 12:35AM

the problem is always you !

Posted by: Afraid of Mormons ( )
Date: January 05, 2017 12:49AM

I was told that we Earthlings are too unimportant. The Mormon dead are all too busy doing missionary work and having sex and raising spirit children.

Besides, life is all in the blinking of an eye, and not worth the time to for spirits to make the lengthy trip from Kolob for a two-second visit.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 05, 2017 01:28AM

First. Nothing is wrong with you.

My first time through the temple I was excited to go through the veil. I remember I was looking at every woman that was there.

My father asked who I was looking for.

I told him I was looking for my mother.

She is over there he said pointing to my step mother.

No I said. My mother. (She had passed at my birth. Surely she'd be there to greet me.)

He said it didn't work that way.

Then I said why the hell did I go through all that then?

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: January 05, 2017 10:53AM

This needs to be seen as a scientific question, not a worthiness question. There is a need to study the brains of those who see or sense dead people to see how they might be configured differently from the brains of those who do not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.