Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 11:06AM

Hello everyone, I hope no body got snowed in to badly this weekend from that crazy winter storm that we had. All I got in my general area was sleet and ice and absolutely no snow which is how it always is where I live. Today, I am going to finish my laundry and get ready for the start of school tomorrow. The online components of my classes go live tonight at midnight. I have 3 classes that meet on campus on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I also will be baking cookies for my mom who has be nagging me about them for the past week.

I hope that you all have a great day!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 11:32AM

Sitting here wasting time on Sunday morning. Soon will get dressed and walk the dog. Then a little housework, pop in for a quick visit with grands, reading an Xmas book and then a good meal and a relaxing evening with Netflix.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 11:42AM

Yoga with my friend, and then home to tackle some laundry. Need to clean out my fridge too, and then relaxing with my iPad and some netflix.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 11:59AM

Just finished breakfast, having coffee. Snowing outside. Will start the fireplace and clean house, laundry. No real plans.

Posted by: MandyElle ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 12:19PM

Watching videos of American women being married to Japanese men. Thinking about moving to Japan.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 01:09PM

I am long retired. Long time out of the LDS Church also. With those commitments long gone, I'm free to live my life as I choose with no regrets or fear of recriminations.No pressure.

Sunday is just another day of the week for me to enjoy my life. They are all very much alike. I like connecting with my FB family and friends every day. I enjoy the Internet as I can read, write, get informed on current events, etc. before I get dressed for the day.

Health issues restrict a lot of my activities so I spend the necessary time to take care of myself.

My middle son is my "roomie" right now, takes care of what I need done, but he is gone a lot so I am home alone with his cat!
Life is very simple, calm, and easy for the most part.

We had thunder and rain but not the deluge those up North have been experiences, so it's a nice day, sunny and not too cold. I like watching the trees in the wind.

Don't recall thinking about how I would be living my life at this age. I've outlived most of my family, thanks to good medical care and medications that are keeping me alive. So, I take each day as a gift and enjoy it.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 01:16PM

Coffee at Good Earth with my friends as usual then home to put the last of the Christmas decorations away. My wife's stepdad was Ukrainian and we always leave something up for Orthodox Christmas to honor him. He was such a good man.

RB

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 01:25PM

Still in the oil patch pipelining. Still cold.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 07:58PM

My son heads back to work at WRP site north of Fort Saskatchewan tomorrow to continue building the diesel refinery for the WRP. Gonna be a another bitterly cold week on the scaffolds for him.

RB

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 01:31PM

Having a crazy, busy day. Went grocery shopping with my Mom first thing this morning. Came home, had something to eat and then went back out to do Sunday errands, like putting gas in my car for the week.

I just got home from that and now a cousin I've only met a few times has come to visit, so I'm going to have to go upstairs in a minute to say, "Hello."

I'm trying to clean my room, but so far that isn't going so well.

Then the family is coming over for my family birthday dinner, because my birthday was on Thursday. If it happens on a week-day, then celebrations happen on the closest weekend.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 06:24PM

I had to go. Reasons not important. during the meeting they announced that there would be a fireside held to address problems with abuse. Questions will be taken from the floor. What happens if someone claims psychological abuse by ecclesiastical hierarchy within the ward branch or stake?
It was also testimony meeting and the usual tear droppers testified. SAD SAD SAD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2017 06:27PM by desertman.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 06:57PM

with my boyfriend. We both worked at Thiokol during the early space shuttle days, so this was really interesting to both of us. My daughter recommended it and we both loved it, too.

Ran out of work for now, so I guess I'll go take a nap or something.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 07:31PM

I ran out of coffee! Waiting for my wife to get home so I can use the car. In the background the Green Bay Packers are beating the New York Giants on the frozen lawn at Lambeau. In the foreground I'm reading and writing online. Rain's pounding at the windows, and the wind is complaining in the eaves. Not a fit day out for man nor beast, but I'm out of java. So once more into the breach.

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 07:32PM

The sky is violet right now--absolutely violet--and I'm not on anything.

It was warm enough for me to go clean up some of the debris from the heavy snowstorms we had. I found the snow shovel!

Part of the day was spend organizing and putting away the Christmas decorations, and giving away old clothes from 7 years ago, when I was a Mormon. It was energizing to throw away the bad memories, associated with the long dresses and skirts, and awkward high heeled shoes.

I'm having a giant Harry and David Royal Riviera pear for dinner. Best. Food. Ever. Some excellent Oregon white cheddar cheese, and mixed nuts came with the pears. What a nice gift this is!

Merry post-Christmas!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 09:02PM

Took the malamute I'm watching for a nice walk in the cold and he was able to make friends with a pack of Kind Charles spaniels (I think), a border collie, and see his husky crush. Then I walked a pack of yorkies. Spending time with dogs is almost always a good time. Being in the cold air for a couple of hours is still more fun than even 10 minutes at a cult meeting.

Made a Thai krab and cilantro salad with shrimp laksa for dinner and trying to decide what to do next. If anyone wants a delicious cocktail, try mixing Smirnoff grapefruit vodka with St. Croix melon-pommelo and a lime wedge. Refreshing!

Posted by: Reprobate23 ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 09:55PM

Gun range then out to eat

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 10:05PM

Sick as a dog, so not much.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: January 08, 2017 10:51PM

We all have a Flu.Well daughter and I have some cough and the sniffles but husband is in a very bad condition, because he suffers from men-flu.He will die from it or survive and become a true hero. We will see.
Also we have ice rain - no one will go out if they don't have have to

So we spent the time with Netflix and pizza on the couch.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.