Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 03:36PM

I'm an inveterate RfM member. I haven't recovered if that is possible.

I would have to leave everyone I love to leave Mormonism.

I don't know if I have a persecution complex but I do want to leave Mormonism and help others do it as well. For me, I've settled onto a life of supporting the ones I love up to the point of the gap between their iron rod and tree of life.

I'm cheering them on from grounds of The Great and Spacious Building. I can't go into it and the grounds are not as covered in the mists of darkness as much so I can see them grasping their iron rod, sweating with the task of pulling themselves to their beloved tree whose fruit they will find sweet and I would find rotten.

From my perspective, the Great and Spacious Building looks a lot like the church office building and the iron rod a task master's rod. And that tree they are all pulling towards is leaf-less in this winder cold and its fruits are really rotten.

No comforts there for me. When my wife and children do come around to the ground of The Great and Spacious Building some people might look upon their socio-economic status poorly, but their leaders have walked that building and interacted with the rich folks inside of it.

My little family only gets to picnic there with me. And when they want to get back to the work of their church and working to harvest fruit for it, I just gaze over lovely but I will not raise a finger to help them. I actually get mad that their church pressures them and pushes them to go for picking rotten fruit.

I guess I find this persecution hard to deal with for me. I see their church as an instigator for bad and rotten things.

I guess I'm persecuted and RfM helps me deal with that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2017 03:37PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 03:48PM

I dislike that the church pressures them to dislike facts and Truth and to LIKE corrupt fruit and toilet cleaning

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 08:40AM

EB, if you are referring to this post by oooo:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1926918

I think he's also posted on r/exmo as "ShyJim." If so, he's 19 (seems about right,) had been sent by his Mormon parents to some kind of fix-your-kid ersatz "boot camp," just left home for school, and is still financially dependent on his parents. He flounced off of r/exmo as well, criticizing board members there for remaining, just as he did here.

So good luck to him with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 09:22AM by summer.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 08:50AM

That thread gave me a damn headache. Even after trying to read it a couple of times I still couldn't follow what was going on.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 09:26AM

The thing is, if a known board member had started a topic about "when is the right time to leave RfM," it might have sparked a good, thoughtful discussion. Instead we get an unknown poster who covertly criticized board members for taking time to process their Mormon experience, and who might have spouses, children, etc. who are still in the church.

And all of this apparently from a wet-behind-the-ears nineteen year old.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 10:59AM

Thanks for the summary. All the back and forth made it extremely hard to follow on top of having a lot of other stuff on my mind, I just gave up trying to keep up with what was going on.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 09:35AM

Same here, kativicky.

Date: January 17, 2017 07:15AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EB, if you are referring to this post by oooo:
>
> http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1926918

It was.

> So good luck to him with that.

He might be looking for an easily reducible answer to the questions he has about his Mormonism. That all disbelievers who were once believers feel persecuted for their disbelief and can't get over it fits the bill.

It is when a Mormon can personally identify with a former Mormon when the trouble happens. The Mormon might see the manipulation, stifling myths, and inhumanity of the organization.

The church trades in social networking and some social welfare in return for devotion and money. It isn't hard for this kid to see that, but the overinflated value of Mormonism to Mormons is a hard thing to see.

Much easier to label former members as jaded axe grinders with desires to cry over spent tithing and social networking gone bad.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 11:05AM

Whoever 0000 was, sounded more like a mopologist to me, no matter how he tried to come across as Mr. Innocent.

He knew lots about individual board members however, down to usernames actual names off the board, by his referencing of at least one in a slur to another poster (in one of his usual insults.)

He was rude. He was crude. If that's his version of being recovered, he has more work to do on the outside, than he did on the "inside" LOL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 11:05AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 07:24AM

Church is like a Roach Motel. It may be sticky, but it doesn't catch all of us. Congratulations on checking out.

Date: January 25, 2017 09:33PM

Totally checked out. No hopes of returning yet so many around me keep that hope alive for themselves.

LOL! It isn't like they will have to doing any work for me after I'm dead. That is unless I gets meself exed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.