Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 03, 2017 11:22PM

This phenomenon has always fascinated me through the years like mindless drones we all prepare to gather and watch the super bowl over and over even though half of us finally figured out it's like the wwf and the game and victor is rigged beforehand which I applaud. Its almost like gathering for conference which is just as mindless and just as scripted. But patriots will probably win because we gotta make America great again it is so painful but it's the team of America.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 01:13AM

I agree (except I think the Falcons have a chance).

Reading your post it strikes me how important ritual is to religion...and to the Super Bowl. We seek the solace of our shared expected emotional responses, and both religion and the SB deliver. The scheduling, the sounds, the National Anthem, the testimonies on the first Sunday of the month, the jets flying over the stadium, the bread and water passed around...

And of course it's Super Bowl SUNDAY! Keeping the Lord's Day holy!

Date: February 04, 2017 01:23AM

You got it the resemblances and rituals and the big audience it's like general conference but the falcons let me down back in the day but we don't talk about that super bowl.

Posted by: aaron ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 02:37AM

its not rigged

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 03:16AM

Or at least it didn't used to be. The last few years have been nail biters.

Date: February 04, 2017 12:58PM

Keep telling yourself that buddy and the patriots and Tom Brady will be in next year's super bowl just for you once again

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 01:30PM

Thomas Monson being a true prophet of god is much more likely than the Super Bowl being rigged.

Date: February 04, 2017 01:50PM

We are all fucked you actually deciphered mormonism to be false but not the nfl one of the slowest moving games in history that claims to be entertainment and not a sport jesus. I have watched none of the season and I'm pretty sure they have patriots winning by more than atleast 3 cause America would not like it if their team lost but they need a close game.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 09:03PM

I am absolutely certain that the Super Bowl is not fixed for three reasons: 1) it would be virtually impossible to do so, 2) the NFL would have no incentive to do so, and plenty of incentive to not do so, and 3) there is no credible evidence that it has ever happened.

1) In order to fix the game, you’d need the cooperation of two owners, dozens of coaches, more than a hundred players, game (and league) officials, and the staffs of both teams. And all of those people would have to keep their mouths shut for the rest of their lives. Fifty years ago, you might have been able to convince a starting quarterback (who at the time probably made about 15k/year) and a head coach (who didn’t make much more) to throw a game, but times have really changed. A starting QB can make $20 million a year, and a Super Bowl victory (and possible MVP award) can drastically change their earning potential and status for the rest of their life. Other players and all of the coaches (especially the head coaches) also have so much to gain with a victory. The amount of money needed to get everyone to play along is almost incomprehensible.
2) The NFL is a golden goose that lays billions of dollars’ worth of golden eggs every year for the owners. The NFL owns Sundays from September through February. The post-season TV ratings dwarf all other sports. The Super Bowl is usually the most watched TV broadcast every year. They have nothing to gain, and much to lose, by presenting anything that is not authentic. Remember, the Super Bowl continued to gain popularity during the late 1980s and early 1990s when there were many lopsided games.
3) There is zero evidence that a Super Bowl has ever been rigged. Disgruntled fans of the losing team sometimes claim there was a fix, but (as always) there is no evidence. You may not like the outcome of the game. You may not like the game itself. You may not like NFL football, but none of this is, in any way, evidence of a rigged game. Opinion does not equal evidence.

Date: February 04, 2017 09:49PM

I really don't care if you really want to be owned by the nfl year after year that's your call watch away you can put a microphone on the field and listen to the offense coordinate with the defense for all I care you can be Tom Brady's bitch after super bowl number ten and tell him yourself that you never believed that it was rigged not for one second and he was always been your hero I dont care but for the people that have dissected the suspect footage over and over we know that the nfl and nba has been messed with a lot and you will never watch a game the same again it's all wwe with the refs controlling it and I used to love watch basketball so that sucked.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 09:20AM

Put out an outrageous "theory" with zero supporting evidence, and when people point out how unlikely it is, call them names, swear, and insist you're right despite having no evidence to show you are.
What a surprise.

Posted by: kvothe ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 05:39PM

badassadam also believes we didn't land on the moon, I'm sure.

Date: February 06, 2017 07:23PM

I don't know about the moon really 40 years is a long time to go somewhere and never go back so I really don't know, football was an easy one the game is so slow and the calls are so obvious you can tell when a team is being aided like the patriots I figured it out when I was a lot younger like eleven years ago so I can understand that old people are pissed at me I'm not the only one that figured it out though there are tons of us all we see is John Cena against the Undertaker instead of Tom Brady against Matt Ryan it's all a show to us fake and the nfl admitted that they are not a sport but entertainment so there ya go I didn't think I would be battling fake football in this forum of all forums but it's kinda interesting.

Date: February 06, 2017 07:39PM

Not a conspiracy its just a business they get the teams they want and the result they want maybe not the exact points but the result whatever will generate the most people to be interested thats what they do it's a business you think they would want the two least popular teams in the super bowl hell no even though they could be the best but anyways its the most boring thing to watch on the planet I don't know how they do it oh yea its scripted like last night if you believe last night was not scripted I cant help you anymore, all i can say is stop watching movies with fairy tale endings that might help.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 11:39AM

Bread and circuses.

If you consider the ancient Romans, there are a lot of parallels to our civilization. People like to gather in huge crowds to watch sporting events, and have done so for thousands of years. That's why the Super Bowl is sometimes playfully called, "Festivus Maximus." It's the continuation of a long tradition.

Date: February 04, 2017 01:02PM

This person gets it

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 01:56PM

That's basically it, something I've thought for a while as well.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 11:42AM

Of course, I'm biased on this. I just completed my sex transition, and I'm going to have Tom Brady's child later in 2017.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 01:00PM

a game being played by millionares.

Date: February 04, 2017 01:04PM

When you say it that way it feels like an even bigger slap in the face

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 01:27PM

When I lived in Reno, NV I actually had a Bishop who cancelled the third hour of church on Super Bowl Sunday. He said that he felt "inspired" that we spend the additional time at home with our families. He was awesome. The church overall in Reno seemed a little different. I had never lived in a place before where I was ASKED if I wanted home teachers. In my ward it was optional. If you felt you needed a monthly visit, home teachers were assigned to you. If not, it was all good.

As far as tomorrow's game, I am hoping with "every fiber of my bean" that the Patriots win. I can't wait to see Commissioner Goodell hand over the Super Bowl trophy to the owner (Kraft) who he fined a million bucks and took draft picks from, and to Brady who he smeared and suspended for four games. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Date: February 04, 2017 01:46PM

I'd like you to be godfather when I bear Tom Brady's child.

Date: February 04, 2017 01:53PM

Well I hope you two find happiness tomorrow

Date: February 04, 2017 03:45PM

"Just want to give a heads up to the women! You have rights! A right to cook and a right to clean! Today is Sunday and the NFL playoffs our on. I suggest you stop your bitching/protesting during this time.
Because you also have a right to get slapped!" -- Carlsbad New Mexico City Councilor J.R. Doporto

Date: February 04, 2017 05:27PM

Deporto the Dope Doporto back to Saudi Arabia.

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 06:04PM

Funny because on Super Bowl Sunday, we women rule the remote in my house with iron fists. Screw your football, I'm watching my Food network shows bitches

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 05:21PM

Lolol@D the A
All we ladies on the board are going to pay you a visit to beat you like you owe us money just for repeating that quote!
That aside, I can't wait to see Falcons win and to see Lady Gaga perform! All Sundays should be this fun!

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 05:24PM

Only part of it I really enjoy is sacrificing the wings and nachos to my mouth. Such brave food items.

Date: February 04, 2017 07:22PM

Just got done talking to my neighbor and even he says the super bowls are rigged I rest my case and he is a 55 year old man he's seen them all.

Date: February 04, 2017 09:20PM

Tell your neighbor there's a Patriots fan in Boston who appreciates finally knowing the Truth. Yes, disillusionment is painful, but I am SO glad to be freed of this deception.

Date: February 04, 2017 11:11PM

I will let him know the next 5 super bowls will be the hardest to get through like a withdrawal but after that its smoothe sailing you might actually laugh seeing grown men wearing tights throwing a ball in the future it was invented for children after all. You are free from this deception I won't talk about the nba till another day haha.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 12:17AM

Well I'm a 70 year old man and if he believes that then he's as dumb as you are. Huge allegations require substantial proof. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Date: February 06, 2017 01:43AM

They aren't huge allegations it's obvious even today's game was predictable it only took ten super bowls to figure it out for me that the games were fixed. I called the patriots making a comeback which they were aloud to do I predicted they would win the game by one score at the end but I thought it would be a field goal this is all before the game Even started. How could I make these predictions if I haven't seen rigged games before its impossible. Me and my old man neighbor predicted the victor of the super bowl without watching one season or playoff game how sad is that nfl scam.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 02:26AM

Wow. You must be some kind of Super Genius. That is the only explanation, you predicting that Tom Brady, a quarterback who is famous for his fourth-quarter drives and for coming back from behind to win Super Bowls, would lead his team, the Patriots, to come behind and win. wow. I bet no one else thought of that. No one. I bet that there weren't millions and millions of Vegas bets made on the outcome of the game being a come-from-behind victory from the Patriots. You and you alone, confident in your certitude of the game being a fix, predicted the outcome. I bow in awe and humble amazement of your telepathic ability to know that NFL games are fixed and that the Patriots would win. I even bet that pass that Brady made where the three players got tangled up and the player pinned the football to the player's feet in order to successfully complete the pass was a fix, too. Brilliant choreography, you know, I'm sure when the blooper reels come out for the 'Super Bowl 51 Fix: You're Actually Not Paranoid Enough and Really are Smarter Than Everyone Else', it'll show how damned hard it was for the players to pull off that bit of ballerina-esque play, and how many run-throughs they had to go through to pull it off during their practice games in preparation for the real 'fake'. You know, seeing as how that, and many other incredibly improbable plays are what resulted in the Patriots winning. After all, the Patriots had a 99.5% chance of losing for like 30% of the game so it was pretty much obvious for most of the game that they were going to win.

Oh, wait.

Just get out of here with this shit, seriously. No One believes you, no one wants to listen to you, and your comments aren't wanted. You are not clever and you're not smart. Go away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 02:38AM by midwestanon.

Date: February 06, 2017 03:02PM

Its okay man as long as they entertained you with their business what a great and close game wow and Tom brady number 5 wow cant believe it you should buy his jersey now get ready for next season's setup could be the Broncos or the packers

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 05:34PM

I was wrong to say your neighbor was as dumb as you.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 06:06PM

People who believe in outrageous conspiracy theories are people who have too much time on their hands. People who feel they have been spurned by society un some way, and thus have to look for the outlandish and fantastic to justify their lack of accomplishment or laziness. This is just anecdotal, just what I've observed around me.

The NFL is a multi-billion-dollar industry all on its own without the need of game fixing. And given that every single one of the 30 or maybe 32, can't remember which, teams has a 53-man roster, plus a support staff of probably dozens if not hundreds, you're looking at a conspiracy that involves several thousand people.

This is just time wasted on you though, other people have already pointed out the same thing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 06:09PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 07:35PM

Oh, princess, I wish I had wings now! (Honey bbq for me thank you)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 09:16PM

Every culture has it's mass rituals, many of which are silly or stupid. I don't begrudge them that. I think a lot of people watch the Super Bowl only because it's what a good chunk of Americans do. And so they have something to talk about.

Posted by: aaron ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 10:40PM

seriously, its not rigged haha shaking my head at some of you right now.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 04, 2017 10:54PM

So... we'll check out the game tomorrow to see which multi-millionaire golden boy (Ryan or Brady) can lead his tribe of groids to victory.

It's really more like Tarzan and his gangs of chattering minions than the original Burrough's novels.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 05:44PM

I already watched the game of the day this morning on NBC Sports. Manchester United won 3-0.

Posted by: anomingit ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 06:11PM

American football is a sissy sport. They spend most of the time standing on the field. The real sport is soccer.....

Date: February 05, 2017 06:53PM

and why is it called football when the ball is rarely touched by a foot.

Date: February 05, 2017 07:50PM

I did forget how much standing around and doing nothing there was good Lord.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 06:30PM

Since when is the Patriots America's team? Most people I know who are watching, are voting for the not the Patriots team.

Date: February 05, 2017 07:47PM

Its a joke psychologically they want you to think its Americas team with Tom Brady being the poster boy even though they are losing right now by 14 they will make an heroic comeback and make a climactic finish and win by 3 or somethin. I forgot how boring football is no offense to anybody out there but it's super slow.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 12:21AM

First super bowl to go into overtime and the Patriots came from far behind! Maybe you should have watched. Ha!

I could not care less who won, but I was confused by the America's team statement.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 11:58PM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> half of us finally figured out it's like
> the wwf and the game and victor is rigged
> beforehand which I applaud.

We've warned you in the past about speaking of the things which must never be spoken. Far less than half have found out about the dark things.

If you persist in revealing these things, we'll be forced to suspend your membership to The Cabal.

Date: February 06, 2017 01:49AM

No ones warned me about anything

Posted by: librarykim2 ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 12:35AM

More applicable to college than the pros, but there is a bit of truth here.

On the East Coast, football is a cultural experience. In the Midwest, it's a form of cannibalism. On the West Coast, it's a tourist attraction. And in the South, football is a religion, and Saturday is the holy day. - Marino Casem

I was rooting for the Falcons, but alas they had the most dangerous lead in football this year - 21-0.

Posted by: thinking ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 04:03AM

Someone quoted earlier, "Bread and circuses" is spot on. I can admit its fun to watch a game, but it's odd that people care about things which actually don't effect them. Like the guy who is depressed because his team lost. Big effing deal, the millionaires who scurry around a field lost.

I think these things, plus a lot of the stupid TV programming serve as distractions to more important things. I believe that is part of the problem we have now. People keep distracted, and haven't taken the time to learn about issues which really affect them. As a result, we are seeing the rise of ideological thinking because most people are too stupid to understand over simplified "solutions" to complex issues is not going to fix anything. Group think becomes prevalent, and when somebody starts dropping truth bombs people start feeling uncomfortable, same as in Mormonism.

Just like in Mormonism once you start to really dig into things and teaching yourself, you find there's "religious like belief" being applied to all sorts of things: football, economics, politics, diets, and even in science. People put up blinders to not face facts, or holes in their thinking if it keeps them feeling secure and get caught up in group think.

Date: February 06, 2017 10:42AM

The burning of Atlanta.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 11:53AM

Sure looked fixed to me...brady couldnt find his ass with both hands...atlanta moved the ball eighty yards in three plays at will...then suddenly an angel with a drawn sword leads the patriots to valhalla...yeah in the movies...i dont watch much football...but watching the patriots for three quarters i had to ask...wtf are these clowns doing in the final...28-3 ...just like the old days...zzzzzzzzzzz...so i quit watching just in time for the big miracle to happen...zzzzzz...who cares...several million chickens freely sacrificed their wings to the great gawd football for the sins of lady gaga...i chortle

Date: February 06, 2017 02:54PM

Thank you trails end I'm getting crucified on here I said you watch there are going to allow the patriots to get this miracle comeback and Atlanta is just going to let it happen even with the help of ref calls as well

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 04:19PM

I watch the game with a bunch of Falcon fans, boy were having a good time.

The best part for me was watching them at the end of the game, it was almost as good as watching the democrats melt down on election night.

Date: February 06, 2017 04:36PM

Nobody comes back from a 3 TD deficit in the 3rd Quarter, just as nobody down 0-3 to the Yankeess comes back and wins four straight. Can't be done! But whom to blame? Several very plausible theories are circulating the internet. Among them:

--The Russians hacked the scoreboard
--Dick Cheney unleashed Haliburton
--George W. Bush pulled it off, perhaps at Cheney's behest
--James Comey leaked information that he was opening an investigation on the Falcons.
--Donald Trump's the culprit (most probable theory)
--George Soros...nah...he never does anything crooked.
--The Patriots monkeyed with the footballs again.

I have a hunch Global Climate Collapse Warming is to be blame, maybe affected the footballs. All we know is that the Falcons should have won. After all, they have more fans! WE SUPERBOWL TRUTHERS WANT A FULL INVESTIGATION!!

Date: February 06, 2017 05:00PM

Blame the business they have control its a slow game with a lot of pauses easy to be manipulated throughout from outside sources a game can be altered and a seven game series makes waaaaaay more money than a four

Date: February 06, 2017 05:09PM

Tom Brady can get as much as $10 a pop for his signature at a meet-n-greet. If he signs four autographs a minute, that's 240 an hour, times $10=$2,400 an hour!! Nice piece of change. I suppose he has to kick some of that back to Roger Goodell, though.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 07:50PM

And what evidence do you have that it's "rigged", and the winner "predetermined"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 07:51PM by cinda.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.