Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 01:40PM

Sister Wives Stars Join Hundreds of Polygamous Families Protesting Bigamy Law

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/sister-wives-stars-join-hundreds-of-polygamous-families-protesting-bigamy-law/ar-AAmPKMZ?li=BBnb7Kz

They're "Stars"!???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 04:24PM

The guy wants it all. An open marriage w/mistresses and concubines ... with the consent of every woman he screws and fathers children with. He already does all this from Nevada, so he won't be arrested for bigamy or polygamy in Utah.

What a dork. Marriage as an institution is still confined to two partners. Bigamy laws are for the preservation of marriage, and to protect families.

With the destruction polygamous marriage wreaks, Utah is doing something right in this regard to safeguard women and children. It's not enough, but still will help to restore a measure of sanity.

Don't understand why there needs to be a new law on the books to classify bigamy as being married to two or more partners at the same time? The distinction here is married to more than one while cohabiting with both. Bigamy has always been against the law. This just adds another law combining polygamy and bigamy as a same offense.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 05:57PM

I can only speak from experience, but polygamy damaged my family for a couple of generations. I despise it.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 06:29PM

It's worse than the tar baby. It complicates and gums up lives, wrecks relationships, and causes havoc in society.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 07:19PM

I wonder if the LDS head honchos secretly worry that this might make some kind of comeback. After all, it was their doctrine at one time. If it did, would they be "duty bound" to reinstate it?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 07:39PM

Isn't it still the LDS doctrine? It's just been embedded and covered up because they had to stop practicing it to be compliant with the law.

Most LDS men regard it as gospel doctrine, I observed this whenever the discussion would come up in church meetings. They are closet polygamists, if only in heart.

They seem to enjoy the concept and idea of polygamy, despite their inability to practice it outwardly. Some of these guys really do believe they'll have a harem on the other side!

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 10:23PM

The substantive value and legitimacy of a marriage is inversely proportionate to the number of parties involved.

If I spent every single minute of my life exploring the intricacies of my life partner, I'd never even come close to knowing her depths.

Calling these relationships "polygamous" marriages ascribes a false legitimacy to them that they do not they deserve. @Amyjo has it right...It's adultery and concubinage (ie sex slavery). Plain and simple!

I resent, soooo much, that my wife has effectively traded me for the ugliness of a religion who's very heart and soul is the sexual predation of Joseph Smith and the dirt bags like this Kody asshole, who ride the coat tail of his perversion.

Uhg! Sorry for the rant but polygamy is real sore spot with me. I'm a one woman man who's one woman has traded him for a really perverse, creepy, religion... I just can't come to terms with the fact that her all important temple worship is root'd, part and parcel, in the ugliness of polygamy. All this "eternal marriage" stuff is the vehicle for Smith's predation... And, I've been traded in for this ugly, creepy, shit because I refuse to have my marriage contextualized within the phony framework of that pervert.... It's a hugely ironic sore spot that I'll probably never get past.

Again, sorry for the rant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 10:24PM by westerly62.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 10:34PM

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 11:02PM

Thanks. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.