Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 12:46AM

So I, for family reasons, am still completely pretending to be a tbm. However, at church in my second hour class, they let us know that next week we'll be doing an "ask anything" lesson. I believe most people who have been mormon are familiar with this one.. you're handed a couple peices of paper and you get to write down any questions you have about church doctorine. Then, the teacher (who will be the bishop for us) collects all the papers, and answers all the anonymous questions. I want some good, juicy questions to write down for mine... I was thinking some things like "Why does god condemn homosexuality when it's biologically wired into you by him" or "why does the bible warn of prophets who make false prophesies, when our very own joseph smith made 51 prophesies that didn't come true?". Anyone have any good ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:03AM

If I could ask the very last question it would be: "Why even have these stupid 'ask anything' lessons anyway when the 'answer' to all the hard questions is always either 'That will be answered in the hereafter' or 'Don't worry about it--it's not important to our salvation.'"

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 05:01AM

Ask how you get to see your permanent church record. Not the summary. The one with all tye details.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 06:58AM

Ask how do I know if I qualified for the celestial kingdom while on lying on my deathbed.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 07:12AM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2017 07:15AM by steve benson.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:03AM

Did the Fancher children feel pain during that sacred ordinance?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:15AM

Ooh. Good one. People would be like, "What's a Fancher Party? No one taught me about that."

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:35AM

When will the corporation let us paying members see where our money goes?

Posted by: billdorgan ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 09:08AM

When two testimonies disagree, which one is true?

Posted by: billdorgan ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 01:38PM

Which parts of the bible are translated correctly?

-or-

Which parts of the bible are not translated correctly?

Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 09:36AM

How do I tell if a prophet is speaking for gawd or speaking as a man?

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 10:06AM

Just to be clear; What are the names of Zina Huntington Jacob's husbands again?

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 10:18AM

Since the wording in modern temple covenants is different from those made decades ago by the living prophets, can I still get to the CK like they will?

If my Initiatory blesses my eyes and intellect to discern truth from error, why do I believe?

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 10:33AM

Where in the scriptures does God give permission for Joseph and Brigham to make concubines out of their followers wives?

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 10:59AM

Joseph Smith declared the Book of Mormon as the most perfect book yet there have been thousands of changes since the first edition. How does that work?

Joseph Smith restored polygamy, we all know that, but why did he do it in the way that he did, by marrying his 16-year old foster daughter and keeping it secret from everyone - for more than 10 years?

I heard that Adolf Hitler received baptism by proxy in the Temple but later when the church was criticized for that the baptism record was erased by someone in the church headquarters. Can he still be admitted to the celestial kingdom? Can clerks undo the sacred Temple ceremonies?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 03:01PM

Were Cureloms and Cumoms really *that* useful?

Why are the mistakes in the King James bible the same in the Book of Mormon if the BoM is the most perfect book in the world?

Why does God have a woody in the Book of Abraham facsimile?

What was up with Joseph having a gun the Carthage jail?

Why does God call poloygamy the New and Everlasting Covenant if he only commanded it for a few years?

Why did Brigham Young and other high-ranking church leaders tell men they wouldn't get to highest level of Heaven if they didn't have many wives, but God only creates male and female birthrates at roughly 50/50?

Posted by: qanae ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 04:01PM

Love this list.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 03:24PM

If the BOM is the true gospel and one can get closer to God from reading it and it is the fullness of the gospel. Then why is the LDS church run on the teachings of the D&C?

One God: Book of Mormon: Alma 11:27-39, 44; 2 Nephi 31:21; Mormon 7:7; 3 Nephi 11:27 Testimony of the three witnesses

Plural Gods:Doctrine and Covenants: Section 121:32; 132:18-20, 37

God is a Spirit:
BOM. - Alma 18:26-28; 22:8-11

God Has a Body:
D&C. - Section 130:22

Creation - One God:
BOM. - 2 Nephi 2:14; Jacob 4:9 Pearl of Great Price - Moses, Chapter 2

Creation - Plural Gods:
Book of Abraham - Chapters 4 and 5

God's Word Unchangeable:
BOM. - Alma 41:8

God's Word Can Change:
D&C. - Section 56:4-5

No Pre-Existence of Man:
BOM. - Jacob 4:9; Alma 18:28, 34-36

Man Pre-Existed:
D&C. - Section 93:23, 29-33 P.G.P. - Bk of Abraham 3:18, 21-23

Death Seals Man's Fate:
BOM. - Mosiah 2:36-39; Alma 34:32-35

Chance After Death:
D&C. - Section 76:106-112; 88:99

Heaven or Hell:
BOM. - 2 Nephi 28:22; 1 Nephi 15:35; Most SavedMosiah 16:11, 27:31; Alma 41:4-8, 42:16

Three Kingdoms in Heaven - Most Saved:
D&C. - Section 76:43, 70-112

Polygamy Condemned:
BOM. - Jacob 1:15, 2:24, 3:5; Mosiah 11:2

Polygamy Commanded:
D. & C. - Section 132:1, 37-39, 61
D. & C. - Section 42:71-73; 43:12-13; 51:13-14

Posted by: qanae ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 04:01PM

Prophets and curriculum says "Temple endowment key words, signs and tokens are necessary to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels,and gain your eternal exaltation in spite of earth and hell"

These are demonstrably taken from the Masons. Even if one made the case that we made a change to some keys words - you can see the tokens are identical.

1. Shouldn't the church give credit to the Masons for our exaltation?

2. If this is requisite for exaltation, why didn't anyone let Jesus in on these tokens being essential?

3. The Masons themselves indicate these tokens and signs are relics of a fabricated parable (originating in the 1600's) and have nothing to do with King Solomon's temple, etc. Since they are the originators - should we not believe them, and how does this square (no pun intended) with the philosophies of men, mingled with Scripture?

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2017 06:29PM by qanae.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 27, 2017 08:04PM

Well, it looks your question could either be:

"What's up with those ripped off Masonic rituals that even the Masons say aren't ancient?"

*OR*

"Why do we need key words, signs, and tokens to get past the angels when when only left there 80 or 90 years ago? Don't the angels remember who the hell we are?"

:-) :-) :-)

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 12:38AM

Make dozens of copies of the pieces of paper, especially if they have the lds letterhead or question printed on them.

Type numerous different answers on them in print, and in discernably different handwriting, and different ink, pencil, colors, etc., so that he has MANY different GOOD QUESTIONS to read aloud/ answer/ ponder.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 01:01AM

How come an eight year old is allowed to make the life altering decision to join the opressive Mormon church without any adult experiences, sins, or knowledge of other religious philosophies? And that same eight year old is never told that he will have a permanent record created about him that he can never remove from the church computer software. That church will hound him to the ends of the earth if he ever tries to walk away from active participation in Mormonism. And it will never be explained to him how to resign. He will have to search the internet to find truth about his own religion and instruction in how to quit.

However, a full grown adult, or maybe just a 17 year old, cannot resign membership in this church, question its authority, seek knowledge outside proscribed Mormon published teachings, or even try a cigarette or sip a beer without being told he is a depraved sinner. Why are eight year olds so capable of serious judgment and discernment and adults with an open mind and full knowledge of Mormon history and policies not capable ?

Posted by: Tubbs216 ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 11:27AM

I would write one sentence:

"What is the Second Anointing, and how do I get it?"

A lot of people there won't know anything about it and might go home and Google. Or the bishop might just put that question aside and not address it at all.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 11:59AM

why is the church selling a cattle ranch in florida? And why did they own it in the first place? why did they build 111 Main downtown while their are homeless everywhere on the street in Salt Lake?

Why do the doo-gooder-catholics keep encouraging destitute people (who aren't from here) to come for free stuff? Why is salt lake a sanctuary city?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.