Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chulotc is snarky ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 03:46PM

but i'm at work and just joined a conference call and the leader said "ok, I think we have a quorum, let's get started."

kolobian or parliamentary procedure perfectionist...

you decide :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 03:47PM

We follow it to the letter at my work.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 03:49PM

People really are after you!

Just sayin'

Timothy

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 03:52PM

... I was booked at a Marriott (on Quorum St.) -- I thought it must be a very short road and Mr. Marriott had his way in picking the name.

I go to check in and I discover I'm in the completely incorrect "marriott" ... indeed my correct marriott was two other marriotts down same road.

Yes, there were no less than four different brands of "marriott" on that same street.

I thought to myself: "Sheesh, I may as well have been in Salt Lake!!! -- or Kolob" ;-)

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 04:02PM

Quorum is used in business meetings to indicate that the number of people needed to hold the meeting is there. It's not a cult thing.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 04:12PM

This is yet another word that the Mormon cult has adulterated.

Here are some other perfectly fine, innocent words that I can not use, without that getting a creepy feeling:

fellowship
blessed
saints
committee
visiting
prayer
evening
calling
witness
authority
special

I'm getting sick, just writing them. I will be forever paranoid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2011 04:13PM by forestpal.

Posted by: Orphan ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 04:42PM

I've never heard this discussed in church but I believe that only those that have had their second annointing or calling and election made sure are going to make it to the celestial kingdom, except for the women who don't have husbands.They will be lined up for the new gods to choose who they want..
As far as servants in the celestial kingdom, there is no room for them. All the present servants and angels are former mortals that lived on this earth at one time or another.
I did hear in P/H meeting one time [only one time] that all who go to the celestial kingdom will be subject to Jesus Christ and all their spirit children will be his spirit children when he reaches the same state of godhood that his father has now. The way it was explained is that god by himself cannot produce enough children to populate a world let alone a whole universe. I don't know where this teaching came from. Has anyone heard this before?

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 04:46PM

I'm sorry about that . I was trying to start a new topic.

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: May 18, 2011 05:02PM

chulotc is snarky, I'm sorry that I broke into your post with another topic. It won,t happen again. I'm new to this and will do it right the next time. orphan

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.