Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: M. Uzak ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 05:19AM

That is a bit like living in the Cult right? You need "their" cooperation - "the key or the unlocked door" - to be able to perform important tasks.

But they do not want do their part and you end up with more work to do and more things to prove.

The end is either total failure or success by pure luck.

I experienced it once as a new co-worker at a workplace. The colleagues did not want to cooperate with me as a team member so I could not really get introduced to the most important functions of the workplace. I could not do my work. They did not even help me log-in into the computer-system and if I tried to do something by my own they stopped me physically!

The workplace was a large chemical plant. An american SP500-company. So the workplace was well-planned and certified.

I was given some very defined formulas and I was told by the colleagues to follow it into the smallest detail and so I did.

Twenty minutes into the process one of the colleagues rushes into the room and aborts the process in the middle of the important mixing. I could not hold back my anger and asked him "what are you doing!!", the answer I got was the "people above" did not knew anything about production. So suddenly I found myself stuck in a real dilemma.

I choose to quit after two days and It seemed to me that they had decided to force me out from the beginning. A boss from another division of the company told me that he did not understand why they hired me because they were already overmanned! There were also lots of other factors in play, the colleagues did not have the time to learn me some complex operations and they first tried to force each other to introduce me but they all found some explaination to get away from the situation..

I guess the reason for it all was that the colleagues were afraid of losing their jobs and the recruiter that hired me felt that he had to hire someone to show that his skills were needed.

The recruiter forced me to stay and participate in an evaluation and I told him that they did not want to cooperate and whatever I did was wrong. His conclusion was that I probably was not the right person for the job and I still today wonder how many other people have been going through the same thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 09:43PM

¿ wut is this thred about ? ~

( srs ) ~

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 12:50PM

It's a behind-the-veil pole dancing thread.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 03:42AM

It is the double-bind syndrome, which has been discussed a great deal here and elsewhere. The game is indeed rigged so that you simply cannot win.

This situation has worked admirably for nearly 200 years. IMO, however, I think we are witnessing its catastrophic unraveling due to several factors. People- church members- are finally able to see through all the lies and mental gymnastics, and have decided that faith in God is not the same thing as faith in the LDS church.

"We" have finally learned that it is OK to simply break the car's windows to get what we need. We don't need that particular car. We can call Uber.

Posted by: M. Uzak ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 01:28PM

On sunday I "must" participate in a meeting and there I will have to greet people I have not talked to for years.

If they snub me, it is OK, I can take it. But if they want to talk to me I feel that I must prepare myself to answer some questions.

I will not answer any question or accept any form of "interrogation" with my back against the wall.

I will only use a parable with a house instead of a car.

"I lost the key to my home and could not get in. I heard that there were people inside so I banged harder and harder on the door so they could let me in because it was cold, dark and lonely outsde. I did it for years but I could never understand If they pretended not to hear me or that they did not really hear me? No one came looking for me. It put me in a lot of stress so I decided to leave and walked into the world and found a new house and a life where people open their door or go looking for me when I am lost".

Sorry for my english..

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 12:59PM

And it's a convertible with the top down.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.