Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 01:21PM

Anybody else see this on tv? This has to be the biggest con I've seen in a long time how do they get away with this haha selling water and calling it miracle water that will make you rich but again how did the Mormon religion get away with it for so long? They sold you nothing and you gave them money for it I think I would take the miracle water right about now. It was just funny watching this guy trying to sell miracle water and be serious about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 01:44PM

Coincidentally I'm selling balloons filled with "miracle air" for only $39.99 apiece (+ $19.99 shipping and handling).

Inhaling the miracle air will increase one's net worth by 18% or more! Plus, you'll get rid of those unsightly blemishes. Plus, your sexual prowess will be off the charts!

For a starter kit of 20 "Miracle Air" balloons, just send $799.80 (plus $399.80 s/h) to:

getbusylivin
Trailer 4A
Priesthood Springs Trailer Court and Food Mart
Frontage Road South
Praise to the Man, UT 80010

[note: balloons require inflation on site]

Date: March 23, 2017 05:02PM

Done I'm in you looking for a business partner by chance?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 01:14PM

Oh yeah? You can get Miracle Air II from me — 100% More Miracles per Balloon — FREE!!! ($61.99 shipping and handling. $178.99 unlimited user license.)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 10:39AM

$5,000 (Credit Card/Money Order, no checks) will set you up with enough inventory to become a Black Diamond Distributor!

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:16PM

What a steal! One question: Can the "miracle air" balloons be filled with smoke and then "inhaled" rectally for faster results?

Date: March 23, 2017 04:09PM

Yes! And farting smoke makes a great party trick!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:27PM

But what can compare with the TV commercial selling bits of rock in a cheesy overdone cross! Turn the sound down if you're at work and prepare to see the Light!

https://www.thenativitycross.com/

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 02:36PM

Just ordered three.

Thanks for the link.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 02:55PM

I grew up in a town with several natural springs considered holy by the Cheyenne and the Arapahoe. In the Turn of the Century, it was a health mecca for people seeking to escape the filthy air and conditions of the eastern coast. The springs are all free for anyone to drink and take water to make sparkling lemonade or whatever floats your boat.

That huckster assbadger is selling a racket.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 01:06PM

and that water tastes like shit !!!

Date: March 24, 2017 01:46PM

Let's just call it an acquired taste.

IDK, Dave, some of the unfiltered tap water I've tasted in places like Denver, Provo, Salt Lake, Durango, Pagosa, and even Colorado Springs makes the spring water seem like champagne in comparison, but I was also spoiled when it came to drinking water from one of the higher water tables in the west. :)

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 03:29PM

PETER POPOFF!!!!!

My favorite televangelist EVER!!! You're into him too??? Great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7BQKu0YP8Y
http://casa.colorado.edu/~dduncan/pseudoscience/PeterPopoff.htm

Why don't the priesthood elders in every ward take note of what he does so they can make their own priesthood blessings seem legit and real?

Date: March 23, 2017 05:09PM

Oh my god I think that's the guy good lord didn't know he was a faith healer too but why not.

Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 02:25PM

You'd think he'd get some miracle something to fix his face. It looks like the embalming's already been done.

Date: March 23, 2017 05:19PM

I missed your post on that thread Hie otherwise I wouldn't have doubled up on the subject but that commercial played last night and I just couldn't believe it, miracle water just made me laugh get me in on that racket, what a scam.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 04:59PM

It's like those con-men on tbn that get on everyday preaching the prosperity gospel of sow a little seed and it will come back to you 100 fold. And of course what they are getting at is send them your money. Benny Hinn comes to mind.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 05:00PM

Bottled spring water does rake in a fortune. :)

Nuthin magic about it!

Date: March 23, 2017 05:47PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bottled spring water does rake in a fortune. :)
>
> Nuthin magic about it!

I want to sell the stuff

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 01:16PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bottled spring water does rake in a fortune. :)
>
> Nuthin magic about it!

Hell, bottled tap water does too. The stores are crammed with the stuff.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 01:24PM

Once upon a time I believed water was one of the few things in life that were free.

Until I owned my own home, and pay quarterly for my water bill.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 04:30PM

Is this the water that Matt Damon is selling!???

Date: March 24, 2017 11:14PM

I don't think Matt Damon is selling water in the way you think.
https://thewaterproject.org/?gclid=CjwKEAjwh9PGBRCfso2n3ODgvUcSJAAhpW5ooiZjy9Vx3S-iq6WzkW5mIzzUEfvJJDnKUiJIgij_xxoCPafw_wcB

Water shortages and poisoned waters are issues in many countries including our very own USA. People I know and others I don't are doing what they can to make sure people have access to clean drinking water and water they can use for everyday tasks.

I will give you an example: Last year, a mesa near mine was having issues with the tap water coming out as sludgy and brown. Because of various local politics, the pipelines weren't being fixed and these people, mostly elderly and/or the poor, had no access to running water. Think about what your daily life would be if you were poor, elderly, and/or disabled with no access to running water and few assets to obtain clean water to use to drink, wash dishes, laundry, shower, bathe, brush your teeth, cook, etc. We have people living in this condition all over the world, even here in the USA. I hope this clarifies your question.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 08:14PM

I can't remember exactly, but there was a show on 20/20 or 48 hours or some similar type of show on some hucksters who were pedaling miracle water for all that ails you. I don't know if this is the same thing, but it sounds similar enough.

Posted by: Finance Clerk ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 10:42PM

They boil the hell out of it.
Ha, ha!

Date: March 24, 2017 10:43PM

I admit, I laughed!

Now I feel kinda icky...

Date: March 24, 2017 11:49PM

How do you make your holy air getbusylivin is what I want to know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.