Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 10:25AM

...from under their bridge?

Don't they usually show up around GC time?

Remember, don't feed them. They're not accustomed to a truth-rich diet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 10:44AM

They always come and we spend time cleaning up the mess.

I just pulled a long post from some preachy TBM who apparently discovered an old post via a web search and was shocked SHOCKED that anyone would claim that the Book of Mormon was fiction. He filled his post with all the usual apologetic claims, obviously not realizing that those have no support in the real world. People believe what they want to, and will fight reality to make sure that their beliefs remain unchallenged.

And, yes, don't feed the trolls. Just report them and we will make them disappear.

CZ (admin)

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 12:19PM

But it's just so much fun!

Posted by: Jesus of Orem ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 12:38PM

Yeah, but occasionally one will be allowed to stay up so we can tear it to shreds. Keeps us in practice, so to speak.

Giving us a chew toy once in a while isn't a bad thing.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 02:28PM

We'll do that once in a while if it looks like the troll will tasty, but we can't do it all the time or it would take up the whole board. Also, you would choke on bone splinters if you chewed up some of these crazies.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 10:58AM

I'm glad that insane guy who believed in the Lebanese prophet finally disappeared. It happened in the middle of the night so I don't know how many people saw it, but last week he made about two dozen posts, and over half of them was that insane story about some Prophet that lives in New York.

I think someone remarkex that the guy had legitimate mental issues and I believe it. I don't know if the guy has some kind of infamy or someone here just knows him, but seriously what a wacko.

Other than that recent incident I think this forum does a great job controlling that sort of Riff-Raff, that or it's dealt with so quickly not many people even notice. Either way, good job and more thanks to the hard-working administrators here at RfM. :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2017 11:01AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 11:35AM

Give it a year or so...he'll be back, I know he's been here at least twice and the posts always start as innocuous (but predictable) and build up to the crazy. Also don't be surprised when the short-skirt-daughter-Mormon neighbor post rears its head again in a few days.

Also keep in mind, peeps, that BYU usually lets out several weeks earlier than other schools since they don't have a spring break. That brings the trolls out as well.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 02:04PM

I remember this thread and I thought it was really strange. I even try googling this but nothing came up.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 11:56AM

I like to imagine a troll accidentally flipping over onto his back, and he can't right himself. He just lies there, his antennae and six skinny little legs waving frantically, until one of his troll kids finally gets back from school and helps him flip back over...

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 30, 2017 02:34PM

TBM trolls don't taste like chicken even though they act like one.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.