Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 03:16AM

For as long as I can remember I have bought my blue jeans (in which live, most of the time) at Penney's. But with Penney's stores closing left and right, all you can find are sizes to fit your thumb or your garage.

I have a friend who swears by L L Bean. He says you have to be very careful to take all the measurements they ask for, but boy,do they FIT.

LL Bean is kind of pricey, but I want to hear a little more about it from people who have shopped there. Takers??

They have some really cute clothes, but a bit pricey. My jeans tend to last a long time, so I'm not terribly worried about depreciation.

Suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 04:09AM

In my experience the clothes are durable and fit well.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 09:21AM

I am a LL Bean fan for their jeans. Wear them all the time. My most recent pair is 3 years old. They still look new. If you live in a cold part of the country, the flannel lined version are amazing.

I also have several tops and cardigans. Love them too.

Posted by: Curry ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 11:41AM

Half my wardrobe is from Bean. Not high fashion but very well made and durable. Their sizing is generous. I am a size medium with Bean but usually a large in other brands.

Check to see where their nearest store is. You might be able to try things on to see how they fit. They are mostly mail order but do have some actual stores.

Date: April 18, 2017 01:33PM

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone!

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 12:22PM

Their clothes last forever and are worth the price. I don't do jeans any more but have bought their other pants and tops and they are a good fit.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 12:30PM

Penney's jeans or do they run large or small? I'm not always that great with measurements. I need a new place to buy jeans, too, as the brand I buy no longer makes the style I like.

Date: April 17, 2017 12:39PM

LL Bean is good about refunds and exchanges. I think it would be worth the trouble to order a pair and return it for another size if necessary.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 12:40PM

I can vouch for LLBean jeans, pants, and jackets. I don't know anything else that proves that durable. It's pricy, but worth it.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 03:24PM

I can also vouch for LL Bean clothes, as I have a pair of khakis that I've had for years that are still as good as new.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 06:35PM

¿who was Levi's ?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 17, 2017 11:57PM

I buy relaxed fit wranglers from Target. Had pairs lsst for years.

Posted by: Betty G ( )
Date: April 18, 2017 03:16AM

I bought my sons Wranglers at Target when we lived out East. They are a little more expensive out West, but we still get them if we can.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: April 18, 2017 04:16AM

The many things I have purchased from Bean in the past were all of high quality and I was always pleased. I had several different styles of their khaki skirts and loved them. My (now ex) husband would only buy his oxford cloth dress shirts from LL Bean and probably owned every color. I always felt their sizing to be accurate. They are a bit on the pricey side for sure but well worth it for the quality, IMO.

Although Penneys is closing stores, you might still be able to buy from them online?

I sympathize with your dilemma over jeans. Once you find them that fit, and that you love, it an be hard to find a 'replacement' for your old favorites. I don't wear them often these days since I pretty much live in a my wheelchair.

Good luck :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2017 04:18AM by cinda.

Date: April 18, 2017 01:35PM

I fight it as much as I can. (This is a whole 'nother issue.)

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: April 18, 2017 06:15AM

Academy has a nice selection of jeans especially Levi's. Cavenders has Wranglers.

Date: April 18, 2017 03:12PM

I'm willing to pay a little for the convenience of ordering from my home and not having to drive, pay parking, and take the time to browse in a store. LL Bean doesn't charge for shipping and that is an advantage. They're good about refunds and returns and I've been wearing some of their clothes for 10 or 15 years. They're classic and don't look dated or worn. They also have good sales about twice a year and sometimes give $10. gift cards with their orders. That helps with the cost.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.