Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 07:40AM

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58fa36cee4b018a9ce5ace1a

http://flatheadbeacon.com/2017/04/24/former-white-supremacist-shares-stories-life-hate/

“I finally met the people I claimed to hate, and they showed me compassion when I least deserved it,” he said. “They could have protested at the front door. They could of broken my windows. But instead they showed me compassion. I suddenly realized I had more in common with these people than I first thought.”

The reformed extremist decided to rededicate his life to helping those who have been sucked into similar groups and ideologies. Picciolini believes that many of the people who subscribe to such racist beliefs are looking to belong while also casting blame on others for their own shortcomings. In 2009, Picciolini organized a group called Life After Hate and authored a book about his time in the neo-Nazi movement."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2017 07:34AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 09:25AM

I watched a short someone had shared on FB about his life. It was very moving and tragic how he fell into that life. If I can find it, I will post it.

Date: April 25, 2017 12:13PM

I hope this link works, it's from FB:
https://www.facebook.com/Upworthy/videos/1532574813450038/

I think he just gave an interview on NPR earlier, too.
http://www.npr.org/2017/04/25/525516754/white-supremacist-tries-to-make-amends

I was a little choke up when he described what he did to an innocent African-American kid, but I didn't get a chance to hear if the kid was ok. I hope so and I'll finish the interview later today.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 11:38AM

Interesting article. Being hard working Italians is something to be proud of. But I can't with the liberal left just bow down to the Jews and forget all the crap they've pulled on the rest of us throughout the last few centuries. I think there needs to be an element of empathy for Neo-Nazis sentiments. Though of course he took it too far when he was violent with some Jewish women. White supremacists need to respect everyone's freedoms and the laws of this country. Everyone should feel safe and secure.

But this suspicion for Jews is actually rooted in reality. Just google Businesses owned by Jews and compare that to businesses owned by Blacks. Obviously there is some kind of consperisy going on. We are all being taken to the cleaners! and the Jews are running away with the caboodle! lol!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_businesspeople

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 12:03PM

Poopstone,

Your neo-Nazi ravings have no place here. Please cease posting them.

If you cannot comply, you will be banned. This is your last warning.

CZ (admin)

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 01:21PM

Thank you CZ. I'm so glad an administrator is keeping on top of him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 03:28PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 01:50PM

Thank you!

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 02:10PM

Thank you, admin staff!

Posted by: DiarrheaStone ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 03:52PM

LOL! So to stop, allegedly, Nazi-esque posts, you resort to Nazi tactics of threats and censorship. How do you not see the hypocrisy here? Laughing my ass off. :D

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 04:01PM

It's not a threat. He's been asked before to cease this type of comment on a 'recovery' board. And it's not "censorship" to not allow extremist comments on this discussion board, privately owned and subject to the purposes, intent and will of the founder/owner.

There are people here from many countries, diverse walks of life, many nationalities and religious faiths, as well as countless posters and readers of no religious affiliation or belief. Egregious statements that offend normal people are not conducive to maintaining a welcoming and constructive environment here.

There are, unfortunately, many other spaces where poop and his ilk can go to wallow in their mud. And that's giving mud a bad name.

It is not welcome here. And Admin has a right to make this rule, enforce it, and ban anyone who persistently fails to comply.

It's not much to ask that people be respectful of each other and that they refrain from posting vileness here.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 07:12PM

thank you.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 01:03PM

I was hurt by that comment. Ever since I've found out I had Jewish blood, I've been studying Judaism. There's s few Jewish people on this board also. You don't know what they've gone through, since the beginning of time.Joe eould you like your business taken away from you, your home and kicked out of town, only to have it happen again, over and over, then on to your ancestors, centuries later.
The hate is still going on. The Jewish people value education, that's why a lot are successful, hard work.
If people are jealous by it, it's their problem.

Date: April 25, 2017 04:01PM

I'm sorry you were hurt, Hockey Rat. That is certainly not the usual type of comment made in this largely supportive environment.

I always smile when I see your board name. I too do like hockey just a tad!

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 09:42PM

" Just a tad " is good. I wish more people liked it, so it'd get more coverage. Well, the Northern and Midwestern states are good about it. The only good thing about living in a state where no one likes hockey is that you can always get a good seat , right against the glass, behind the players or right next to the penalty box, where you're literally inches from the players, cheap too. Forget even getting tickets in Canada, or North, Midwest USA

Date: April 25, 2017 02:19PM

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 08:41AM

Poopstone,

You're a better person than they're letting on, and I hope you'll just ignore any cheap attempts to shame you. On the other hand, there's the threat to ban you, and I'd take it seriously if you like being on this board.

There's also the fact that a wide variety of people come to this board. Sure they need to be tolerant of you, but you need to reciprocate and not call out large groups of people like you did. Calling out the banking industry or the stock exchanges (a Goebbels favorite) or slavery or monopolies or whatever is one thing, but attributing them to "the Jews" and representing them as the work of millions of Jews is another. That's called collective guilt, and personally I think it's wrong when asserted by anyone: left, right, Jew, Gentile, black, white, or purple.

As far as "Nazi tactics" and "neo-Nazi sentiments" go, they tend to involve a lot of street fighting and occasional threats of unimaginable violence. So McMullin smearing Milo, for example, as a "Nazi punk" was vicious and dishonest. Milo is not a Nazi. But anyone who self-identifies as neo-Nazi may be dismissive of actual historical genocide, or may see Hitler, with his murderous impulses, as a role model. Do you see why people want to avoid that kind of expression, at least on their own sites or in a community they support?

I wish there were a better place to discuss this kind of thing. You'd probably get banned from a neo-Nazi website as well just for thinking freely. But I'll discuss specific issues about war, propaganda, and exploitation, devoid of the ethnic contempt, anywhere and anytime with anyone who's honest. I hope you find people who will empathize with YOU and correct you when necessary. Maybe even posting your concerns here while avoiding the words "Jew" or "Nazi" would prompt some higher-quality discussions.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 10:49AM

That's nonsense. If Poopstone acts anything like the way he does on this board in real life, then he is in fact a bad person, who is incredibly sexist and prejudicial, and that probably reflects in his actions towards others.

We absolutely do not have to be tolerant of poopstone. He says incredibly racist and incorrect things about a wide ranging group of people. That kind of shit doesn't fly here.

If poopstone wants to link up with some of anti-jewish conspiracy theory nuts, stormfront.org might be a better place for him to go. or Hell, frankly, I couldn't care less, as long as I never have to see one of his post on this board again, Or if he abides by concrete zippers warning and never posts anything inflammatory or vitriolic again.

He is not special. No one else here gets away with posting horribly racist nonsense, and no one should he. Frankly, he has gotten away with it for far, far too long, and I try and call him out on it every single time I see it and I won't stop. Now that an administrator is on top of him, I'm sure he will be banned soon.

As it has also been pointed out, there's nothing hypocritical against warning or threatening him, because what he's doing is in violation of the board rules. Also, there's nothing 'allegedly' Nazi-esque about his posts. They are posts that are derogatory towards Jewish people (not to mention incredibly ignorant) which is consistent with Neo-Nazi beliefs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2017 10:55AM by midwestanon.

Date: April 26, 2017 01:15PM

Historischer says: "I hope you'll just ignore any cheap attempts to shame you."

Cheap attempts? I don't know what you're looking at. That poster has been given very wide latitude and can't take a hint, or even a really big clue. I hope he takes your helpful advice and maybe learns a different approach or even, one can hope, a new outlook.

I appreciate everyone here who has spoken out (not that it made any difference to poopstone). It can be hard, at least for some of us, to disagree openly with another poster and risk confrontation. I, for one, don't usually have the will or time or energy for it. But sometimes the issue is too important to stay silent. Even if you're the only one objecting.

Again, nobody's trying to make poopstone look bad. He, unfortunately, can do that excellently well all by himself.

I agree with the comments that it's wise to take seriously a warning from Admin (that are exceptionally seldom events here as generally there is wide latitude about what can be posted). I think poopstone has been given a long time to learn the rules and refrain from his obvious racist remarks. It seems that either it's so ingrained in his brain he can't stop himself or he's trying to see how far he can push it. I don't see middle ground there.

The reason for my comments is that many of poopstone's posts have seriously bothered me for a long while now. I find myself, against my usual practice, compelled to say stop.

Just please stop.

Posted by: might log in tomorrow ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 01:48PM

Historischer, you're simply wrong on this one. This wasn't an isolated, one-off post Poopstone made, and it's not just Jews he hates. He's posted rants of this kind for a number of years at least.

racist/xenophobic
sexist/misogynistic
homophobic
anti-Semitic
anti-Catholic
anti-science
anti-education

He was nearly banned from the board for the following homophobic post.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1663210,1663564#msg-1663564

And he caught a lot of flak, some from admin, for the following misogynistic post.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1780108,1780508#msg-1780508

And here's one on the Aryan race (which he misspells as "Arian", LOL) idea being "almost certainly true." [Elsewhere in the same thread, he expresses admiration for John D. Lee of MMM infamy.]

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1910649,1910870#msg-1910870

I could cite many more. This is the guy you're defending, Historischer. Do you still want to tell us that he's "a better person than [we're] letting on" and that our attempts to "shame him" are "cheap"? Think carefully.

Date: April 25, 2017 12:02PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 12:03PM by anybody.

Date: April 27, 2017 09:28PM

"WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE OLD RACIST WHITES FROM THOSE CIVIL RIGHTS PHOTOS?"

https://afrosapiophile.com/2017/02/21/same-old-bigots/

"I highly doubt that the white faces in the first Civil Rights Era just automatically let go of their racist ideologies. Those people only accepted the Civil Rights social change with contempt and learned how to BEHAVE when laws changed. These old racist white supremacists, similar to insurgents after the collapse of the Iraqi Army in 2003, only laid low, kept their racist ideologies, and waited. During this wait, there was a refinement of white supremacy. White supremacy — racism in America — had to adapt, and it did."

Date: April 27, 2017 11:28PM

That was a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.