Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 06:42PM

My TBM mom wont give me the netflix password because I like to watch stuff that she doesn't agree with. I just got a paying job so I am currently saving up money to move out and be on my own eventually-Should I just get an account and pay for it myself once I move out? It just doesn't seem fair.

I doubt she would even give it to me even when I go to live on my own. I'm sorry if It sounds like i'm complaining, i'm really not, I am doing my best to make money with a nice paying job that I currently have right now and I am respecting my parents and not complaining with what they are giving me, I'm doing much better about keeping things to myself.

Working a nice job has given me peace of mind. I just wish that she would share her account password with me so that I could use it when I move out, because she gave my tbm older sister it, but I guess that's just mormonism for ya, it's like if you watch something R rated it's "soo horrible"-To be very honest with you, the rest of my TBM family doesn't trust me with anything either, just because of everything that I do doesn't match there standards, none of them ever talk to me or acknowledge me at family gatherings and such and I have been as sweet as a button to them all, :/

I just think it's ridiculous of her that she doesn't trust her own son. Including my family, mormonism is just such a cult, I have tried to love my family and give them compliments and hang out with them. Nothing I do works, but I actually watched a movie the other night called Jesus Camp and it makes me want to fully believe that it is not me whatsoever and they believe nothing but awful brainwashing cult bullshit. I even tell her everything and she still talks to me like a child. Can anyone give me some hope? thankss! -Positivity and sparkles guys, I promise I'm trying to change my ways as an adult and not trying to rant! (:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2017 06:51PM by sunbitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 06:50PM

If you are really concerned about being "fair" (your word), you would accept that she is paying for the account, so she sets the rules.

Date: April 29, 2017 06:57PM

Bang, your completley right, I do accept that she is paying for the account and that she has full right to set the rules. What I'm mainly trying to say is that I just wish that I was like my other siblings and that it would be a little easier for me. But I'm not like them and I never will be, I guess it just makes me feel like an outcast knowing that I'm the only one that can't be trusted because of my personal beliefs. It feels tough, but like you said, In this situation it's fair because she is the account holder. I just need to stop letting it get to me, sorry I am being so dramatic about all of this. :/

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 07:09PM

Very soon, you'll be on your own, living your life the way you want. You can get your own netflix account and feel good about your accomplishments. It's a good feeling.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 07:25PM

It's a control issue. Some will try to control you any way they can.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 08:03PM

Try not to go off the rails too much when you move out. My ex was super controlling and was very strict about earrings and tattoos. No way in hell was he allowed that, told to him broken-record style.

He now has huge tattoos, and gages in his ears the size of dimes.

Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 08:11PM

Perhaps a change in perspective will help.

You seem to be focused and angry over your being outcast.

Perhaps if, when stuff like this surfaces, you you focus on being grateful you are not like that.

You seem to be angry about being an outcast, but would you really want to be like them in order to fit in?

I am proud and happy to be an outcast in regards to some members of my family and society.

Date: April 29, 2017 08:34PM

Good point Bang, people are always saying that my family is "the most important thing in my life" I need to stop listening that and embrace being an outcast!!

cult moron's mean nothing to me and I just need to stop caring. It's honestly everyone around me that is just shoving it the fuck down my throat and I just got to say fuck you all and just do what I fucking do!!!!!!!!!!-

thanks for all the advice and I'm sorry I sound crazy!, it's just the fuckig people I know are all crazy!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2017 08:38PM by sunbitch.

Date: April 29, 2017 08:46PM

Mr. Happy, try meeting my family, I feel like they have fucked me up in so many ways. :/ I just need to once and for all just say fuck it and do things for myself because I deserve to live life and be human. I am sick of it all.

I get crap from my family nearly every single day and when I say something like "I don't agree"-it's always, "you better or bad things will happen"- your family is all you got and such, but all they do is just make me unhappy.

I just want to kick them out and they keep on pushing themselves on me and when I voice my oppinions again it's the same thing all over Again, they just get upset and tell me all kinds of things about how my life is going to end up and try to scare me.

Honestly I have just been thinking about the next time they say something just to say, you know what fuck you and just walk out. That's how sick of it I am! but just btw, u sound sweet, so thanks for saying that! haha, a nice actual blanket and a puppy would be perfect for me!!!! :) <3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2017 08:50PM by sunbitch.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 07:27PM

Netflix isn't that expensive. Get your own account when you move out. Then you can watch what you please and maintain your privacy about it as well.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 08:02PM

Wow.

For the love of humanity, can someone find a blanket, "safe place", and a therapy dog for this kid!!

Date: April 29, 2017 08:49PM

Mr. Happy, Read my reply-up there^^ :P

Posted by: freedomfound ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 09:18PM

OP, just keep doing what you're doing to get the hell out of there in the best position to take care of these things for yourself.

It sounds like you're making the best decisions to accomplish that.

I know how horrible it feels to be the least favored, so think about this:

My coddled, favored siblings never did grow up or deal with their issues. It affected their health, and they are dead. Yep, that's right. Mommy's favorite kiddos kicked the bucket, and she lived to watch it happen.

Oh, well.

I, on the other hand, had to fend and think and feel for myself, and I thrived. I'm not saying my life has been perfect or easy, but it's sure been a helluva lot better than dead.

My siblings were forever in her debt in one way or the other, and she wanted things her way, so it drove them nuts. All the little things (like your Netflix) that she used to try to control me, just ended up biting her in the a$$. And, I can't even remember all of the details of the many times and ways that she slighted me, but they revealed her true nature to, granting a freedom from her worth more of all of those things put together.

You can trust that someday, you will be glad she showed you her true colors. Every time your mom does something like this, your reward, your bonus, is the freedom her true colors will bring to you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.