Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TXRancher ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 04:31AM

Went to my daughter's wedding. And graduation, same week. TBM ex was there with her ass**** husband, lol. I actually want them to be happy and he should have the ability, but I swear he is a sociopath and is just mean to anyone he thinks he can control. And of course the TBM ex tries to soothe the bad moments because she is scared of him and just believes that since he is a temple recommend holder that he is just peachy. Her choice, ugh.

Brought my Mexican girlfriend and soon-to-be wife with me. Really, she lives in Mexico. Hot, dark-skinned, and ten years younger than me. You could see my ex and her Aryan template husband shitting when she showed up in a sexy dress that showed her shoulders, boobs, and back LOL.

Best of all, my daughter was in a non-LDS approved wedding dress and marrying a nevermo to boot. That probably mitigated the whole scene. And she recently told me that the Mormon church that she was raised in is, in her words, "a cult" WOO HOO!

It is sad because I really want my ex to be happy. But being in the cult and stuck with the a-hole husband (getting really fat, BTW) must be a drag. Yet it's what she wants so why be concerned, right? My only despair is that two of my kids have to endure the idiot she married. Even his own kids hate him.

The point of my post? Only that a) I'm soooo glad to be out and, b) I'm sooooo glad that I will have a wife that can wear what she wants, when she wants, and c) there is no judgement or "rules" that dictate how we, outside the morg, live and love. I'm so glad that my daughter isn't trapped in the cult of JS and his personal desires.

I wish my ex well, even in the morg. Too bad she's married to an ass**** that she constantly has to apologize for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 10:59AM

So happy for you . Sounds like things couldn't have gone better at the wedding. That is the best gift for the newlyweds. You are very generous with your ex. That is inspiring. I have seen many "happy divorces" in my time and the "grown-up" style split sure beats the alternative.

It is very sad that so many TBM women don't realize they have been groomed to be bullied by the so-called priesthood.

Date: May 22, 2017 12:11AM

Thank you. Yes, things did go very well at the wedding and I'm glad, for everyone involved. The divorce wasn't so happy at the time, but about a year after the separation we started to communicate and it was a blessing--we laughed about many things and she was suddenly a different person (the same person she had always been during the marriage, but different from the period she went dark and wanted a divorce due to my unbelief.)

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 02:15PM

This makes me so happy to read.

I divorced my TBM spouse 8 years ago. Prior to that he ranted for years how he could do better than me. So I set him free and guess what he has NOT done better. The woman he cheated on me with who divorced her non LDS spouse to be with HIM...nope not in the picture either.

My ex and I are cordial. I'm really thankful for that. I had to grow a backbone and construct my own life that is non LDS related. I'm healthier and happier than I have been in years and my ex husband often wants us to do things as a family together. Funny, he hated me years ago for leaving mormonism..and now I'm fun to be with...go figure.

What I am most grateful for is my two adult kids. Neither one of them were raised in the staunchly and starched ChurchInc. environment. They are independent thinkers, one is agnostic, the other is an atheist. I am still Christian and my relationship did not change with them, but their Dad does NOT know their religious views.

I was looking at my daughter the other day and feeling the deepest glow of pride ever. She does not have any notions that a man must complete her life. Her first focus is her education and creating her own life.

OP, way to go on your future marriage! One of my besties married a wonderful woman from Mexico who has become one of my dearest friends on the planet. She is the most lively, creative, sexy women I know...she has taught me to bring out a much more feminine side of myself and now I catch myself glowing.

I even got hit on by someone 10 years younger than me. Nothing came of it..but it was a nice feeling. My friends often tell me I look happy and relaxed in my own skin:)

Life is just so much better without ChurchInc.

:)

RMM

Date: May 22, 2017 12:14AM

Thank you! Yes, "cordial" is not a bad thing and if someone wants something else, oh well...sounds like you've done better than him, lol!

Interesting that you say someone ten years younger hit on you; I wouldn't mind and didn't...my future bride IS ten years younger than me. Not a bad deal when you can get it. No kids, never been married. I was thinking I'd be a confirmed bachelor and enjoy life with many other beauties, but she came along and wow I had to ask her to marry me.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 05:57PM

Thanks for sharing this! And warmest wishes to you and your daughter on your new partnerships.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 07:00PM

Life sounds good for you, TXRancher. It seems like your ex has made her own choices based on her priorities. Your kids may well prefer visiting your house over hers.

Date: May 22, 2017 12:18AM

Yes, she set her priorities based on the well-discussed and common theme of "the church comes first." Oh well, she's stuck with this abusive prick. He has SO much potential to be a loving husband--and I'm sure he is at times--but it was telling when my thirteen-year old daughter told me that his own kids from a previous marriage don't even like him. None of the neighborhood kids like him (WHAT??).

At one point my daughter told me she wanted to come live with me. Things straightened out and she's OK now, but she is coming to visit this summer and so is my older son....they both sound like they'd rather be with me than in Utah.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 07:36PM

"It is very sad that so many TBM women don't realize they have been groomed to be bullied by the so-called priesthood."

No sympathy from me.

First off, many of us were groomed, but rejected it. So can she.

She obviously is getting what she wants - a strong priesthood holder that boosts her image. I assume he also has money, etc.

Many women like strong men. Took me a long time to understand why my wife watches endless hours of cop shows, but finally realized that tough guys are a fantasy for women.

Date: May 22, 2017 12:37AM

She's one of those typical molly mormons that won't ever investigate the church. No college degree and hardly ever worked in her life. Good looks, for sure, but ignorant to the history of the church.

"She obviously is getting what she wants - a strong priesthood holder that boosts her image." Yes, I agree. I was in the bishopric, lol, and it seemed to make her happy. But yes, that trumps everything. The only time I got angry in the last couple years I texted her, "Tell your a**hole husband to stop being mean to our kids. So glad he has a temple recommend." I hoped that would break her shelf a little but just wishful thinking.

"I assume he also has money, etc." He's some kinds of veterinary doctor. I read that as he inseminates cows and gives them shots at feed lots. Money is good but not as good as you'd expect. I am pretty sure I make more than him. But he's got rich parents, too. Who knows. My ex told me that he has to pay his ex something like $6k a month...if that's true, it's cutting into his budget, lol. And his ex wants more haha. Makes me so happy.

"Many women like strong men." I'm no beta...not at all. But I also don't treat people in my life like shit. I really don't think she gets off on that, I think she's just stuck with it. Funny thing is that I think she had some inkling of it....when my ex got married, she told my oldest daughter "if this doesn't work out, I'm never getting married again." Tells me that she knew he was a dick but needed some security so agreed to marry him.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 07:45PM

If it's Salma Hayek I'm in !

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 09:12PM

That's exactly what Michael Douglas was thinking.

Give me Jessica Rabbit any day.
"Dabbling in watercolors, Eddie?"

Date: May 22, 2017 12:21AM

She's short and about the same proportions as Selma, lol. Even same skin color. Wait....maybe it is Selma, lol! Seriously, I think they could be sisters.

She works for the federal government of Mexico, has a college degree, and as previously mentioned no kids or ever been married. In her 30's. How could I turn that down??

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 12:57AM

Congratulations on one child marrying happily outside of the cult. Good luck with the next two. And congratulations on snagging the bride of your dreams. I'm married to a Latina who is normally conservative in dress, as much of her wardrobe is left over from her attorney and teacher days, but she is capable of dressing to display her assets when an occasion warrants it, and I'm very happy when she does.

Date: May 22, 2017 01:15AM

Thank you so much! My son is 18 and no plans to serve a mission...so I'm happy, very happy.

When I think about it, my fiance usually dresses very conservative. But bikinis at the beach and the super-sexy dress she wore at the wedding make it an occasional thing, too. Makes it that much more special when the occasion is right!

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 06:29PM

So women should be young, sexy, look great in bikinis and have no kids from previous relationships if they want to date you.

Whereas you can be older, already have kids and probably not look like an Adonis on the beach. It all sounds a bit shallow.

Date: May 23, 2017 02:33AM

(Sorry if I misread your posts btw.)

Date: May 23, 2017 09:54AM

This is meaningful for you to know about me? Yikes.

Still, I don't mind answering. I've dated dozens of women in the past three years, some of whom have kids and some older than me. Some more than ten years younger, too. I don't discriminate in that regard. Attractiveness is key, though.

Marriage is another matter. It took the right combination of attributes for me to decide to remarry...and I wasn't looking for any particular set, it just all fell into place. Apparently I learned that younger, sexy, Latina, no kids, never married is the winner!

And BTW I am an extraordinarily attractive male. Tall, fit, and great looks...

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 10:14AM

And modest.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 10:27AM

Date: May 23, 2017 10:50AM

Cor, if only you could clone yourself!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.