Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:25AM

Here is a glorious teaching on the church's website.

https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and-covenants-student-manual/section-81-89/section-84-the-oath-and-covenant-of-the-priesthood?lang=eng

Elder Wilford Woodruff addressed a conference in Logan, Utah, on 22 August 1863. Speaking directly to the youth in attendance, he declared: “‘Now, my young friends, I wish you to remember these scenes you are witnessing during the visit of President Young and his brethren ..... You are to become men and women, fathers and mothers; yea, the day will come, after your fathers, and these prophets and apostles are dead, you will have the privilege of going into the towers of a glorious Temple built unto the name of the Most High (pointing in the direction of the bench), east of us upon the Logan bench; and while you stand in the towers of the Temple and your eyes survey this glorious valley filled with cities and villages, occupied by tens of thousands of Latter-day Saints, you will then call to mind this visitation of President Young and his company."

Those glorious prophecies of Woodruff have come true :) Those Brethren are all dead. Many of the youth have now in the past short 153 years have gotten old enough to be adults, have families, and go to the temple. Wow what a wondrous gospel :)

Woodruff continues: "You will say: That was in the days when Presidents Benson and Maughan presided over us; that was before New York was destroyed by an earthquake; it was before Boston was swept into the sea, by the sea heaving itself beyond its bounds; it was before Albany was destroyed by fire; yea, at that time you will remember the scenes of this day. Treasure them up and forget them not.’ President Young followed and said: ‘What Brother Woodruff has said is revelation and will be fulfilled.’”

So far these 3 destructions haven't happened yet. But it must be awfully soon as there are only a certain number of years in our mortal lives when these then-youth can be adults to stand (i.e. as their legs eventually do have standing issues) in the towers of the Temple and [with their] eyes survey this glorious valley while thinking about the destruction of those 3 cities.

Only an anti-Mormon could possibly believe that those youth from the 1860s will not be soon be thinking about the destruction of those 3 cities as they are standing in the towers of the temple in Logan. I think anyone from that era who still is a believer with a current temple recommend ought to have a smartphone with good video capabilities so they can put some selfie videos of themselves in those towers standing with the 3 sets of newspaper headlines of those cities' destruction once it happens.

Its so vitally important that we get the message out on this upcoming set of events so the missionary work can go forward more boldly and honestly to fill the whole earth and people can see how wonderfully awesome the glorious gospel is :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:32AM

Nobody alive in the 1860's is still alive.
Oops. :)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:37AM

Surely your post will stir the heart of our many Cache Valley posters! (How they may be stirred, or stirred up is another matter.)

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:50AM

Doubt the Hayflick limit before you doubt the prophets.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:56AM

You're so smart.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 07:17PM

That Hayflick limit must be hell for the three Nephites.

Posted by: Lovechild - nli ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:47PM

Posted by: Lovechild - nli ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:48PM

Pardon my empty box.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "Hayflick limit?"

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 12:16AM

Date: June 14, 2017 09:18AM

It's why humans don't live forever.
Or to 157+ :)

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 12:28PM

You state that many of the youths, in the past short 153 years have gotten old enough to be adults, etc....

Yeah, well, they have also gotten old enough to be dead!

Date: June 13, 2017 12:28PM

On those Logan temple tower selfie videos by the youth who were there to hear Woodruff & Brigham Young, I neglected to mention I thought it would be good to put them up on Facebook or other Social Media outlets online. That way the good news of the gospel can spread like wildfire to help those who mourn the losses around New York, Boston, and Albany know about Heavenly Father's plan. I fear that these selfies could get lost by the Saints in the massive amount of work that'll be taking place to get the names of the victims of those 3 pending natural disasters entered into Temple-Ready so their work can be done.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 12:51PM

I wonder why "Albany"???? NYC and Boston make perfect sense, but Albany?

Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 12:14AM

Probably because then and now, it was/is the capital city of New York state, where many of the early Saints had their roots.

Date: June 14, 2017 01:09PM

You wonder why Albany? Well here is the answer for you :)

Brigham Young said: ‘What Brother Woodruff has said is revelation and will be fulfilled.’

This is one of the marvelous 19th century revelations given to a LDS prophet (i.e. the unchanging word of God) to help the missionaries in the 21st century get the message out about how the LDS Church must be the most credible, honest, transparent, and truthful organization ever :)

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 04:21PM

Anyone alive to hear Woodruff or BY, would not have had selfies, and no such thing as social media in those days. You can't be serious!

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 01:46AM

cinda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone alive to hear Woodruff or BY, would not
> have had selfies, and no such thing as social
> media in those days. You can't be serious!

I don't think Honest TBM was being serious.

Date: June 14, 2017 01:13PM

Well of course it has to be serious and the truth for the missionary work to prosper. Otherwise people won't take Mormonism seriously and people will make fun of the Church. And if this prophecy isn't true then many members will say "why have I wasted my life in such a laughable absurdity" and then they'll quickly get out of the Church and take some other path in life than the one that the Brethren have directed us to take.

Well thinking of that I suppose I should get my shoulder to the wheel as Judgment Day comes and I got to be super busy in my thoughts/actions on a 24/7 basis building up the glorious Kingdom of this most honest & transparent Church so the Angels in Heaven don't indict me with too many gross sins so I end up getting fried at that glorious day.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 05:07PM

...And there were TBMs quoting this as a prophecy about 9/11. You know, because one of the planes took off from Boston, and the two that flew into the WTC caused a metaphorical "earthquake".

Seriously.

Date: June 13, 2017 06:59PM

...but, as the poster above says, what about Albany???!!

Albany might have been named because it was where one of the supposed "learned men" that Martin Harris took the "caractors" to dissed him and told him they were made up (Luther Bradish, supposedly -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Bradish).

So maybe a learned scholar from Albany dissing Joseph's made-up "caractors" was enough to earn him mormon condemnation, but not enough to get Elohim to fly some planes that way...?

https://medium.com/@jellistx/fact-checking-mormon-history-did-charles-anthon-authenticate-josephs-translation-of-reformed-7aa9736965b7

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 07:33PM

Hey, I'm still waiting for the Big One to hit Salt Lake!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasatch_Fault

The Shaken (but not stirred) Boner.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 11:14PM

In on destruction-of-Albany thred ~

Date: June 13, 2017 11:59PM

As a Bostonian, I'm in a dither: Which "prophesy" will come true first, Brother Woodruff's or Guru AL-gore's? Either way, I'm sunk!

(Not really--I live on a hill. Just joking!)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 12:18AM

Al Gore knows a lot more than you dumb asses.

Date: June 14, 2017 12:35AM

Strange that prophets of doom get more followers and bigger profits than Pollyannas.* Erlich's "Population Bomb" (1971) still sells, as does his "Population Explosion" (1991--I'm Still Right!!!!) And weren't we supposed to be running out of oil in 1990 or something? And let's not forget Time Magazine's prediction of an impending ice age--in 1981. Sure hope we get our domed cities built in time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 12:57AM by caffiend.

Date: June 14, 2017 09:25AM

caffiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Strange that prophets of doom get more followers
> and bigger profits than Pollyannas.*

You mean like the prophet of doom who wrote Revelation? :)

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 09:14AM

Rabbit and aturtle walk into a bar...turtle says im going to the can...dont you dare drink my beer...seventy years go by and the rabbit finally figgers well...hes not coming back i might as well drink his beer...suddenly turtle jumps out if the hallway and hollers...i knew youd drink my beer!!...stretch that story to fit two hundred years of moism...and two thousand years of jeebus is cummin any minute now..but these bs stories still work with every knew generation to keep them paying praying and obeying and going on useless missions...and devoting hours to made up fruitless temple voodoo...even in old age...you just have to admire the beautiful simplicity yet sophistication of the ol religeous scam

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 09:28AM

1863?

He should have prophesied Atlanta--now there was some destructin' going on....

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 02:11PM

I'm only interested in seeing Miami and/or Mar-a-Lago get swallowed up in a giant sinkhole. Did Woodruff make any mention of that?

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: June 14, 2017 02:31PM

still thinks DH and I will be leaving our family and moving back to UT;-Tremonton to be exact :-).

She recently had two of her grown children move back to that small town apparently. She recently had the nerve to remark to DH that if he moved back there "we could all be together". Mind you we are well-rooted where we are. We have grown and married children and grandchildren. If we ever do make a move, I can assure you it won't be to UT. This remark comes from a woman who made very little effort to visit us or her grandchildren-once cut a visit short so she and FIL wouldn't miss two days of working in the temple. Yet she's self-centered enough to think there would be some reason that her son would move back to the small UT town where he could spend his days surrounded by Mormons.

Date: June 14, 2017 02:32PM

Date: June 14, 2017 05:01PM

Why go to Utah if your relatives will be abandoning it anyway super soon?

One of the many beloved doctrines of the wondrous gospel is that we're going to be moving to Jackson County, Missouri to help build up the New Jerusalem very soon. Of course it'll happen after that wicked place is cleansed of the wicked so there won't even be a yellow dog left to wag its tail. And I'm presuming that the day of the elimination of said yellow dogs by our loving Heavenly Father will take place around the time that those youth of the 60s are taking selfies in the towers of the Logan temple as they think about the destruction that Albany, NYC, and Boston experienced.

So maybe your MIL can come join my big extended family on the journey from Utah. Its going to be an exciting time. And it'll be well before the Second Coming actually happens so there can still be some time for the wicked exmos to repent then, just in case they decide to live a few more years engaged in sinful debauchery lives instead of blessed lives like the faithful get to have. Its such a blessing to have our financial burdens lessened by the wonderful financial blessing program called tithing. We have so many wonderful opportunities to serve in chapel/temple toilet cleaning and other callings. Its marvelous how our loving Heavenly father gives us Ward/Stake councils to lovingly discuss the details of our personal lives in order to be heavily involved in the inner workings of our families. The many marvelous sermons that just keep us so excitedly engaged each meeting in learning our duty is just breathtaking. Its so marvelous to share the gospel with everyone and see the expressions of joy on the faces of investigators when they get all their honest questions resolved in realtime officially through the Church and they proclaim "wow what a super honest and transparent Church with leaders the past 190 years who so consistently declare the unchanging word of God & I want to learn more about what makes them so true." And perhaps the greatest blessing of all is to know that the angels in Heaven are doing loving and very graphic/detailed 24/7 surveillance on all our thoughts/actions so we are extra cautious to immediately doubt all doubts because we certainly don't want to get fried at Judgment Day. Those poor exmos sure miss out on all these amazingly wondrous blessings which can fully consume our peculiar lives.

Date: May 17, 2018 11:35PM

Too funny!!

Date: May 17, 2018 11:54PM

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 11:47PM

They just blew up all the bridges leading into Gotham, so maybe that's the start....

yeah, I watch the show no matter how many times they jump the shark.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 01:00AM

Yep, and California is going to fall off into the ocean, and I’m going to have beach property.

Posted by: verdacht ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 12:48PM

Looks like it came true for Albany.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.