Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 07:56AM

A Honolulu media outlet is running a story regarding an ad that will begin running on Hawaii television stations this week. The ad will solicit tips on TSCC's tax dealings.

From the link below:

"They believe the Mormon church is not properly paying taxes, and condemns its Hawaii Real Estate Division -- Hawaii Reserves, Inc. (HRI) -- for its plan to develop Malaekahana with 875 new homes, a shopping center, and a school."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/35863952/new-hawaii-commercial-targets-mormon-church-asks-for-tips-of-potential-tax-fraud

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 08:40AM

May this stone roll forth and expose this cult for what it is.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 10:08AM

Good. I think a church *should* be called out and questioned for such extensive real estate development that has no church-related purpose.

Posted by: Texmo ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 01:38PM

I went to BYU Hawaii in the early 80s and loved the remoteness of the north shore. As I recall, there wasn't much between Laie and Haleiwa but open fields. I know that development is inevitable, but it really is a shame to see that part of the island developed. I hope the Mormon church pays their fair share in taxes.

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 01:54PM

Great news! Hope the development plans don't go through. That's a lot of houses on a small island. I love the Hawaiian islands and it has been my wish to move there someday, hopefully in the not too distant future. But I would love to keep as clear of Mormons as I can if I do! Wish they didn't have such a presence there.. but I think they are mainly on Oahu, right? (That island too pricey for me, considering the cheapest one.. The Big Island)

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 03:45PM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 04:40PM

Gotta love it. Hawaii, SLC, Philly, Florida... the for profit real estate arm of TSCC is getting too intertwined with the not-for-profit real estate venture. It is a business masquerading as a church, not a church with business ventures.

Posted by: Texmo ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 05:00PM

Here's some more info about The Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints (aka mormon church) owned property in Hawaii: https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2016/10/19/mormon-churchs-company-buys-property.html

It's interesting that Ensign Peak Investment is tax-exempt. How'd they swing that. Fancy fuc_ing, I guess.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 05:41PM

There's ONLY tithing...and dividends from tithing.

I musta missed the verses in the Bible, BOM, D&C etc where "God" tells "his leaders" to spend $$$ on Real Estate ventures vs those "least" individuals who are in the most need among us.

LDS-INC hasn't been a "church" for quite some time according to the "spirit of the law".

Or so it seems to me...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.