Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Freakshow ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 06:14PM

Until you realise what the church is you are blind to the manipulation which the church employs.

I was in priesthood on Sunday which was entertaining but that is a story for another day. I don't want to give too much away.

One man was stating why he stayed in the church even though it is hard. His main reason for staying was because he wanted to see people again who had passed away when he died.

Who doesn't think they are going to see their loved ones after we die. What sick religion makes people think they have to work their arse off all their life for that religion just to see their loved ones in the next life.

It makes my head hurt to hear comments like that and to hear the theology behind that comment.

Just needed to say that, I have no one to talk to about how I feel after enduring 3 hours at church on a Sunday.

Wish I could leave but due to family pressures, spouse and kids I have to stay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 06:40PM

Religions are sick.
Watch out for microagressions.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 06:41PM

You don't have to stay. You could leave. There might be painful consequences to leaving. You have weighed those things and decided to stay, but this is your decision.

I am not criticizing you for staying. I am just pointing out that this is your choice. It isn't your spouse's choice or your family's choice. You have decided that this is the best path for you (until is isn't).

You are not helpless. You are not a prisoner. You are an adult who is making decisions about how you want to live your life.

Try not to view yourself as the victim of your spouse or your family. You're in the driver's seat of your life. You make your own decisions based on what you think is best for you. You can also change your mind and make different decisions.

My actual point is that I think it is less depressing to realize that you really are the one making choices and decisions and that others only have as much control over you as you allow them to have.

Best wishes on finding peace.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 07:59PM

A human being will always do what they perceive to be in their best interest. It may not in reality be in their best interest but if they perceive it to be so, that is what they will do. So staying or leaving is purely based on that perception. I sincerely wish you well in your choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2017 08:00PM by desertman.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 08:02PM

The silent implication of what was said was that all other wankers won't see our loved ones because we rejected Pal Joey and his Cult. The Boner.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 08:34PM

Freakshow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Wish I could leave but due to family pressures,
> spouse and kids I have to stay.

A girl (juvenile offender) and her parents came into my office. They sat down--all three abreast--the dad pushed his chair barely behind theirs.

The girl was raging--not over what the dad did--but over EVERYTHING HE WOULDN'T DO. He had no input--no opinion on anything. He had a martyred look on his face.

Finally, I said, "You're mad because you want leadership from him, and you're not getting it." The girl yelled YES!!! The mom agreed.

Still not a peep outta him.

Maybe your family wants you to say, "This is a bunch of shit!...let's get outta here!"

You said, "I have to stay." Are they physically overpowering you?

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 08:54PM

Absolutely correct, it is madness. Of course you should be able to see loved ones in the afterlife. Mormon doctrine is a load of crap.

I hope you find a way out of it, once the veil of BS is lifted from your eyes it's pure torture to stay in it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 09:04PM

The living held hostage by the dead. Only in Mormonism.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 09:11PM

The more you study, the more you find that the Mormon prophets were just regular guys. If they can be found to rise to that level, because what they did is beyond the conscience of regular guys. If gospel doctrine came from lesser men than most, it might not be something to base your life on.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 07:09PM

They can't stop you from seeing your loved ones who are in your life right now!

Mormonism ignores the beauty of the present moment. They think that to enjoy there here and now is selfish and indulgent. Mormon philosophy says, "Work for us now, and pay us money now, and suffer now, and you will get back your reward--later. What a huge false promise! The cult doesn't have to deliver its promise to you, because you will be DEAD!

The moment, here and now, belongs to you. You can share it, or privately enjoy it, without anyone judging you. Judgment comes in the future, but not in the present.

I won't ramble--but there are ways you can leave the cult in your heart and soul and mind, yet still be there sitting the the pew in a meeting. Escape, any way you can! I escaped through the promise of my own plans, after the torturous meeting was over. I wrote lists of plans for the rest of Sunday, and the rest of the week.

The Real Problem for you is: WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN? Are you going to stay silent and condemn them to a lifetime of being trapped in that evil cult? Is it too late for you? Do whatever will save your children!

My children resigned with me, and now the cult can't hurt them, anymore. What a huge relief that is! (Though, I still can't forgive myself for raising them as Mormons.)

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: July 26, 2017 01:37PM

Freakshow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who doesn't think they are going to see their
> loved ones after we die.

I do not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.