Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 10:39PM

Jesse reached out to Jessica and Andrea to leave the AUB. He revealed that he was married to two women, who are sisters, and 8 children between them. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but you should really watch it if you get the chance. They went down to Mt. Pleasant where there is an AUB neighborhood and it was an intense escape. The producers of the show reached out to the AUB for comment about their secret militia of which a rep denied.

https://ontvtoday.com/andrea-is-called-upon-for-help-in-season-3-of-escaping-polygamy

For any newbies not familiar with the AUB:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_United_Brethren

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 03:12AM

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 10:03AM

The three women who help people escape polygamy are from the Kingston clan, two of them are lucky enough to have Daniel Kingston as their father. Remember the young woman who was brutally beaten by Kingston and managed to terminate her parent's guardianship of her in the early to mid aughts? That's her, Jessica, and her sister, Andrea, she took with her. If you have A&E, you can watch it.
http://www.aetv.com/blog/news/ae-networks-escaping-polygamy-returns-for-a-gripping-new-season-monday-august-7

Posted by: ProfitMonster ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 06:07PM

I'm obsessed with this show. We all came from the same corrupt seed Joseph Smith planted. I wish I could somehow help people escape Polygamy too, however I've been able to help several people escape mainstream Mormonism and it feels so good! Hopefully this show opens people's eyes to Mormonism as a whole. The brainwashing and fear tactics are very similar if not the same.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 23, 2017 11:31AM

I had watched 1 episode some months ago and I wasn't really excited about it, but I had to watch the show about Jessie. It hooked me.

I watched an episode last night that said that Jessica is not the daughter that was beaten by Kingston up on the ranch in Idaho. They had her on one of the episodes from last night, but they never showed her face completely. They called her Madeline. One of her younger sisters just left the group and wanted to meet her as she was a baby when this girl got beaten and left the group. It has been 18 years since that happened. I can't believe it!!!!

But Jessica did get beaten by Kingston, too. Some of the episodes are too repetitive, but it has been quite eye opening and in so many ways, feels like mormonism. They've just taken it to a higher level of insanity. But the attitudes of the men make me sick. My dad was very authoritarian, but mormonism didn't make him that way as he was so NOT MORMON in so many ways and so I could never buy into the soft spoken wimps that use God to perform their abuse. It has been a bit unnerving to watch it.

I did take note that Ezkel (is that his name) and I think the one who was recently killed, one of the mothers who got kicked out for showing how her house was and how Daniel wouldn't fix it up for her. I think she was mormon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2017 11:32AM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.