Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonsometimes ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 09:15PM

We live in a neighborhood that gets a lot of door to door solicitation. We have had different religions, bug spray, yard care, students, etc. It was a lot, at least a couple times a week. After my baby was born I was fed up with the doorbell constantly ringing so I bought a "no soliciting" sign. We have had no solicitors at our door for 2 years, until yesterday. Yep the Mormons showed up dropping off a bag for a food drive. On the bag it specifically listed the LDS church buildings. Of course it would be them, they always think they are the exception. Better than everybody else. Crossing boundaries. Seems like the rest of society gets a "no soliciting" sign, but not them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 09:37PM

When I was a kid a group of us were asked by the bishop to take some stuff door to door. One house had a sign that said, "No Solicitations." The homeowner was furious when we rang his bell.

This was the Inter-mountain West and we were just little kids. We had no idea what "solicitations" meant.

A sign saying "F*** Off" would have worked better.

Posted by: Anonsometimes ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 09:42PM

That's terrible. Of course kids don't know what no solicitating means. The Mormons at our door yesterday were adults, who I assume knows what it means. They just think their cause is above it.

Date: August 20, 2017 09:52PM

Yes. Sharing the word about God isn't soliciting, they tell themselves.

We all laughed about our experience. Poor old man was probably an ex-Mo who just wanted to be left alone.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 20, 2017 11:52PM

I have kids that come to my door asking for a dollar so they can buy gerbal food consider yourself lucky, i still do need to put a sign in front of my door though thanks for reminding me ill do it tomorrow.

Date: August 21, 2017 12:20AM

Little kids?

I suggest a sign saying, "no solicitations."

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 21, 2017 05:20AM

Maybe like ten year old kids its very strange so i really need to get a sign made today.

Posted by: Gd ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 08:52PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.