Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 04:10PM

So ya they came to my door last night and they seriously rang my doorbell like ten times it was weird I looked out my peephole and one of the missionaries was like looking into my peephole and waving and smiling at me as if he knew I was there it was a liiiittle weird! Lol they lingered around forever! It was like they were determined to get in my place or something. I DO HAVE to admit though They WERE kinda hot! Hmmm maybe I SHOULD have let them in!!! ;) lol lol jk! Jk! That would be terrible of me! What a naughty girl I am! Gosh darn crazy ass hormones of mine!!! Hahaha

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: B ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 06:18PM

Nothing wrong with answering the doors in less than appropriate clothing.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 08:17PM

If you, as a female, were to answer the door dressed in a transparent bikini the percentage probability of them returning would probably be about minus 80%

Date: August 30, 2017 12:14AM

Hey that's a great idea! If the mishies ever keep coming back to bug anyone we can all just answer the door dressed in slutty little bikinis. The males can wear them too! That actually isn't a bad idea if you ever want them to leave you alone! They might secretly like it though who knows? Hey its worth a shot though right? Lol

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 05:12AM

Who rings a doorbell ten times? Are they entirely lacking in terms of having good manners?

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 06:04PM

Point of order, seriously rang. Non of your half hearted ringing.

Date: August 30, 2017 09:47AM

I KNOW right?! I thought it was a little....odd I thought it must have been one of my friends for sure but when I looked out the peephole it was the missionarys I was quite shocked cause most people leave after the second or third ring. I guess they just had nothing better too do? Idk? Lol

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 12:41PM

They freakin pound on my door over and over i feel like its the damn fire brigade and the freakin house is on fire so it puts me into a panic attack.

Posted by: ring ring ring ring ring ring ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 12:57PM

I'll come over (and bring a companion), if you want, dressed in a (my birthday) suit and ding dong.

Date: September 01, 2017 02:51PM

Hahahahahahahahaha oh ring ring ring ring ring ring that was very clever I am laughing so hard right now!!! And weeeelllll I DID just recently celebrate my half birthday not too long ago so if ya wanted to come over and give me a late gift you can I DO like hostess treats ;) although if you do decide to come dressed in your birthday suit my mormony neighbors might not like that too much so might wanna hurry up and get inside my umm......house lol

Oh man were so bad I sure hope my dead grandmother isn't reading this! Lol lol

Date: September 01, 2017 03:04PM

And YES they just kept on pounding and pounding and ringing and ringing my doorbell over and over scared the holy terror out of me! My brother says they do the same thing to him. Do they really think there going to have good luck converting people by doing that?

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 10:54AM

They did that to me, too. The Mormons (missionaries, HT's, bishopric, Sunday school teachers, kids Scout and YM/YW and priesthood leaders, and strangers) would come in groups of two or three. They would come after 9:00 at night, after our lights were turned off. They knew I didn't have a husband or a male SO living with us. They would keep pounding, and would not stop! Yes, pounding like the fire brigade! They would wake up my kids, and send the dog into a frenzy. I would have to yell through the door: "Stop pounding, and go away, or I'll call the police!" This would happen about once a week, until our formal resignation finally went through (It took 7 months, for us.)

A "No Solitors" sign did not do any good.

Resigning did make 80% of it stop.

Posted by: Gd ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 01:25PM

It's true that missionaries can be overbearing. However, I tend to give them a lot of leeway. They're young, naive, have tunnel vision, and may be under a lot of pressure. It's the older members that should know better than to act how they do and say what they do.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 08:26AM

Every first grader knows that if they've heard the stories of Red Riding Hood, the Three Bears or the Three Little Pigs. The moral of many children's stories is to respect private property.

If missionaries don't know that, they must be very dense and inconsiderate. Shame on them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.