Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 08:32PM

Sometimes I look at ldsliving.com just for the "I-can't-believe-they're-that-vapid"-ness of it all.

Here's some crapola: http://www.ldsliving.com/10-Amazing-Mormons-in-World-History/s/77580/?utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=related

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 08:44PM

They have no shame. They make EVERYTHING about them.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 01:53PM

Mormons, catholics, muslims,... All those groups are proud of 'their' Great Men.
The same with Turks, Swedes, Catalans, Russians,...
As a homosexual, I am also proud of fellow gays who were great achievers in world history. Alan Turing and the like.

So, cut them some slack ;)

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 08:50PM

There's really a town named Beaver, Utah?

Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 07:42AM

Yes, it is right on I-15.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 11:17AM

You can buy bumper stickers, t-shirts, hats, etc., that say 'I Love Beaver.' Who doesn't once you've been 'there.'

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 10:55AM

There's also a town in Utah called Filmore. I bought a t-shirt for a friend with the state of Utah on it and only two towns identified - Filmore Beaver.

There's also a town called Virgin. I've seen a few Filmore Virgin Beaver items for sale as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2017 10:57AM by bezoar.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 01:55PM

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 01:29PM

Sporty girls call each other nicknames, because I don't know why, it's a thing, I guess. Many lesbians are sporty girls. I'm not (you can take away my lesbian card now). Many lesbians are also tone deaf to sexual innuendo, because I don't know why. One lesbian sporty girl I knew in Utah was nicknamed Beaver. Because she was from Beaver. No irony, no innuendo. Just a sporty girl called Beaver. This drove me crazy - c'mon!

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 08:50PM

Very boastful. But that just seems to be the Mormon way.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 09:41PM

The "Don Lind" part make me feel happy for being out of the cult (The way of thinking of that man is just sick).

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 10:30PM

#1 Helmuth Hubener - TSCC excommunicated him in order to keep the Nazis happy.

#5 Sarah Young - "In 1870, Saray Young, grand-niece of Brigham Young, was credited as being the first woman voter in any territory of the United States. This act was significant not only because Utah granted women’s suffrage years before the rest of the country...".
Untrue- Wyoming granted women suffrage a year before Utah.

#8 Don Lind - "Just nine months after his mission, the Challenger exploded 73 seconds after liftoff due to faulty O-rings, killing the seven crew members on board. Lind believes that a priesthood blessing he received before his flight protected him and his crew from a similar fate as they hurtled through the earth’s incinerating atmosphere aboard that very space shuttle"
Challenger's O-ring failed in large part because of the cold temperature at launch. 9 months earlier the temperature was within the proper range which had more to do with the successful launch than any priesthood blessing.

#10 Mitt Romney - enough said.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 29, 2017 11:06PM

Hey LDS Living, who gives a fuck?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 07:34AM

LDS living ? You call THAT living ?

Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 08:21AM

Wow, that's what they call "amazing Mormons"? I guess the bar for "amazing" is set very low for the faithful.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 01:27PM

LDS Living is offering "13 Cute Pairs of Knee-Length Shorts Perfect for Summer 2017" with free store pickup in Logan, Utah. That means you'd have to drive to Logan.

http://www.ldsliving.com/Knee-length-Shorts-Modest/s/72331/?utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=related

Plus, "6 Times Dr. Seuss Taught Us the Gospel". We know how important Dr Seuss is to the gospel

http://www.ldsliving.com/6-Times-Dr-Seuss-Taught-Us-the-Gospel/s/77946/?utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=related

Finally, The Ultimate Donny Osmond Quiz

http://www.ldsliving.com/The-Ultimate-Donny-Osmond-Quiz/s/76302

I didn't actually read any of these articles. You can if you'd like.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 04:05PM

memikeyounot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plus, "6 Times Dr. Seuss Taught Us the Gospel". We
> know how important Dr Seuss is to the gospel

They must be referring to the good Dr.'s famous, "One wife, two wife, three wife, four!" book. It's a riot :)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 04:55PM

I think the most famous Dr. Suess' Gospel book is about the Star-bellied Sneeches, who followed the Prophet when he taught that Sneeches always had star bellies and always *should* have star bellies, then he got thrown under the bus when the next prophet said Sneeches there were never taught to have star bellies, then *he* got thrown under the bus when the *next* prophet taught that Sneeches with star bellies are the Chosen Generation of Sneeches, then *he* got thrown under the bus when the Correlation Committee said that Sneeches with star bellies were "only speaking as Sneeches", and those found with star bellies are apostates and would be excommunicated.

Finally, they ran out of busses.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 12:32PM

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.