Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 09:19PM

An excellent documentary has been made on Grant Palmer available to view on MormonThink's Youtube Channel. Grant Palmer: An Insider's View of Mormonism

Dying from stage four pancreatic cancer, Grant Palmer graciously spent time with us sharing his thoughts and research regarding the origins of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Grant was very ill at the time of this filming. His mind was sharp and alert especially considering what he was going through. We cannot thank him enough for the precious time he has put into the making of this film.

https://youtu.be/xciCRq-bqxU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2017 09:37PM by MormonThinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 30, 2017 09:50PM

Oh . . . he's so sick!

:(...

Posted by: Texmo ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 02:36AM

I left the Mormon church many years ago. I'm embarrassed to say that I'd never heard of Grant Palmer before viewing this video. I really enjoyed listening to him and was very touched by everything he had to say.

I remember hearing about Joseph Smith's ambition to become the President of the United States, but didn't know much about it and was fascinated by Grant Palmers research on the subject. I didn't know that Joseph Smith plotted to overthrow the US government by making alliances with the many Native American tribes so that he would have the manpower to accomplish his goal. It made me wonder if one of the reasons for writing the book of Mormon was to win over the Indian tribes by telling them that the Book of Mormon was all about their descendants; it was their history and the Mormon church was their church. If he could get them to join he'd have the numbers he needed to create an army to overthrow the government and appoint himself President or ruler. He was a megalomaniac so maybe in his mind he believed it to be possible. It never would have worked though. I kind of wished that he had tried it and been executed for treason, which would have been the end of Mormon church.

RIP Grant Palmer.

Date: August 31, 2017 02:43AM

Oops, I meant to say that Joseph wanted the Native Americans to believe that the people in the Book of Mormon were their ancestors, not their descendants; the Native Americans would be the descendants of the Book of Mormon peoples. It's Late.

Date: August 31, 2017 12:36PM

The true story of Joseph Smith would make a great movie: treasure seeking, inventing a religion, polygamy, trying to overthrow the US government, destroying a printing press, and finally being shot in jail. It's got everything!

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 08:24AM

If Joseph Smith would have lived he would have eventually been tried for treason and convicted. He obviously wanted to overthrow the U.S. government and establish himself as King. This was no symbolic effort -- he apparently was planning it and only his martyrdom kept him from trying to accomplish it. It would have been a 19th century Waco, and the LDS Church would have been annihilated. All of today's flag waving Mormons live in the shadow of a treasonous liar.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 11:19AM

Has Grant died?

OP just interviewed him for a documentary. He made no mention he's deceased.

He's in critical though, so I've been wondering how he's been doing.

Sounds like he's still hanging on by a thread. His mind is sharp and intact. He has always impressed me as a highly intelligent person, and a spiritual giant.

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 12:10PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has Grant died?

No, he's not doing well though.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 02:14PM

Apparently he has, according to another message board (unless it's fake).

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 31, 2017 11:29AM

He looks and sounds remarkably good all things considered.

His story will survive for generations to come.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 03:52PM

How brave to carry on the filming despite his clearly terrible illness.

Thanks for posting this.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 04:52PM

Thank you for posting that link. I was just looking at articles referring to Grant on your website.

http://www.mormonthink.com/

Posted by: Anon 2 ( )
Date: September 26, 2017 06:30AM

Grant Palmer died 9/25/2017

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.