Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thegame2017 ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 06:15PM

Many of you will have read my previous posts about finding out the truth about the church, issues with certain members and finally leaving at the start of this year, five minutes after being released from Bishopric I should add.

Eight months on and many wars of words with people trying to get me back, I feel I've been able to move on and put the Mormons behind me.

I was still wearing my garments up until last week. Despite the silly patterns, they are comfy and really just underwear! But I bumped into a member in Tesco recently who commented even though I was not attending they knew I'd come back as could see my garments top underneath t-shirt. So I decided to buy normal underwear and feels great!

I also felt comfortable last week during the Mayweather fight to post a pic on Fb of me having a beer at the venue we watched it. Some Mormon friends who I know don't really believe liked it, I guess they are jealous haha.

Even though there is still a certain family in the church who I can't stand and want to see suffer, I feel like I now have closure on Mormonism and moving on with life. It is the eleventh anniversary of my Baptism next week. The missionary who taught me usually texts. Will be interesting to see if she does this year, I haven't told her of my plight but she will have worked it out I think.

Anyway, would love to hear other people's stories about when they found closure from leaving the church? It's a good feeling! When I bought my new underwear, I bought some beers too to celebrate!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 06:18PM by thegame2017.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 06:41PM

Just my 2 cents. I wouldn't be posting stuff with you drinking beer. Just reinforces mormons believing that you left the church due to sinning. However, don't stop drinking beer, just be cool about it. NOBODY, but mormons, care about what kind of underwear you have. Buy some decent stuff and keep it to yourself.

Date: September 04, 2017 07:42AM

Haha do you think I care if they are under impression that I left for sinning? They can think what they like, in own little bubble.

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 02:08PM

Good for you! You are cured! :-D

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 06:42PM

I, too, am loving my new freedom from suffocating underwear. I am enjoying sleeveless tops and cut off shorts! Most fun of all is the new colored underwear! I feel like a little kid at Christmas.

I can't stand the taste of beer. I think beer looks like pee in a bottle. Never tasted pee, but beer tastes nasty and looks like pee.
Alcohol will not be a part of my new life. In my teens, I always drank too much and have alcohol poisoning. Cannot take a sip of anything. In 1999-2000, new year's eve, I drank about an inch of champagne. Later, I was promising the porcelain gawd I would never drink again IF he let me live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 02:18PM by cutekitty.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 02:22AM

You hussy, you!

Some people have a low tolerance for alcohol. My first experience with altered consciousness was from apple cider left in the fridge too long. Made my ears buzz, no adverse reactions. I never again got that buzz. Believe me, I've tried.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 09:12PM

Some employers check their employees facebook from time to time. I'd avoid pics if alchohol or hard partying.

Otherwise enjoy!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 09:48PM

When I left the LDS behind in March, 2015, I went out and bought some instant coffee. Later I bought a coffee-maker so I could enjoy some REAL coffee, and I love sampling the different kinds. My husband instantly went back to the tea that he had always loved. We enjoy collecting and reading "anti-Mormon" literature.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 01:48AM

Good for you!

I ditched the garments faster than anyone could blink. Maybe they are more comfortable for men, but for me, they were torture. So off they came the moment I decided that I was done.

But in the end, it's just fabric and if you see them as just underwear, I can imagine you'd just wear them. Mormons however will draw all kinds of conclussions from that as you've noticed.

Who cares what they think about why you left the church. Enjoy your beer and live your life :-)

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 02:14AM

I don't think there's anyone I want to see suffer at the moment, but if I did, seeing them in Mormonism would be at the top of my list. But only on my most sadistic days.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 09:07AM

I thought this was going to be a post about you drinking beer in your underwear. That's always relaxing

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 09:16AM

It most certainly is, Drew90! Cheers!!

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 10:39AM

For what it's worth, I still wear my insulated G's in the winter. Thin and warm. Work outside. Sometimes 20 - 30 below. When I get home and crack a beer by the woodstove I feel nothing but warm and less thirsty. Magic in my undies...

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 01:51PM

thegame2017 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I
> decided to buy normal underwear and feels great!

Good for you. I've been garment free for a couple of years. I highly recommend not wearing bigoted, gay-hating, racist underwear.

They might as well print a symbol of slavery on the things.

Date: September 04, 2017 02:28PM

I might cut the marks off my new chemise tops. They are warm in the winter and non-restrictive. The thermal mens under wear are nice and toasty in the winter. Just snip the threads on the marks. These were expensive underwear folks.....

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 06, 2017 08:16AM

Nipple holes sounds kinky!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 02:40PM

Just like with coffee, there are so many wonderful new beers to try. I like malty ambers; I generally steer clear of hops. As with all things--moderation. I find that, for me, one beer is relaxing. So, my personal limit is one beer or cocktail.

If you're ever going to be driving, make sure to have something to eat and stick with one. If you're at home, set a limit and stick with it. Alcohol does contain a lot of calories, and is a depressant.

Cheers! (Also, try going commando on hot Summer nights) The Boner.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 04:24PM

BONER!! My buddy! I really like the IPAs and the really hoppy and malty ambers. Good to hear from you. Peace, my brother.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 03:03PM

I cant do the alcohol thing in or out of a church it all tastes horrible and i like having my wits at all times.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 06:03PM

Okay, but you can still go commando under those basketball shorts!

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 03:18PM

I was an adult hormonal convert, so I was raised with the idea that alcohol is something to be enjoyed in moderation. When I left, I basically went back to that. I will say that coffee and tea were much harder to give up than alcohol, so if I tended to slip up, it was with coffee or tea.

As for the underwear thing, I left the cult before I was given the regulation underwear, so I dodged a bullet there. Even then, after leaving the cult, I refused to wear any white underwear, and as for bras, the closest thing to white I go is beige. That's because I had an idea that garments were only in white, so one way I've celebrated my freedom is by having a colorful underwear drawer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 03:20PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 03:36PM

Good on you, thegame2017!

I like many am enjoying being without those dreaded garments. It started a few months after discovering what I did about TSCC. I was getting ready to fly out to San Francisco about a week, and was running out of room in my roller bag, so I decided to not pack the garments and had plenty of room. Most comfortable week! I ended up throwing away my garments and brought colorful lingerie.

I'm also enjoying sleeveless tops and dresses. I'm slowly working on getting comfortable with wearing shorts. Baby steps. :-)

I was never big on beer, but I do enjoy a glass of wine or champagne every now and then.

Let's raise a glass to normal/colorful underwear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 04:00PM by severedpuppetstrings.

Date: September 04, 2017 03:42PM

Cheers to colorful underwear!!!

Date: September 06, 2017 08:18AM

Today I put on new pair of dark coloured boxers...and felt very Satan hehe.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 06, 2017 08:56AM

thegame2017 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I also felt comfortable last week during the
> Mayweather fight to post a pic on Fb of me having
> a beer at the venue we watched it. Some Mormon
> friends who I know don't really believe liked it,
> I guess they are jealous haha.
>

Nobody was impressed with the Bud you were drinking (I saw the photo). But you have to start your beer journey somewhere. Cheers!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.