Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 12:19PM

For me, not so much, but it got great ratings, so I am wondering why I found myself mostly bored.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 12:28PM

It was much better than I expected. Nothing great, but I am glad I went to see it, I wasn't going to.

Posted by: idahodreaming ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 02:22PM

I read the book first. I loved the book and liked the movie. As in all book to movie translations, you lose alot of the detail that makes the story more complete. My husband hadn't read the book before we saw the movie but the movie made him want to read the book.

Posted by: bluebonnet ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 03:26PM

For those who have read the book and the seen the movie...it the movie as rough as the book is? I mean the animal cruelty in the book was very troubling and I couldn't finish the book even. Is the movie the same or is it toned down any?

Posted by: idahodreaming ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 04:10PM

There is definitely a scene that is hard to watch - it keeps the movie authentic to the time and circumstances but it certainly isn't throughout the entire movie.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 03:58PM

I loved the story, the spectacle of the circus, and the romantic chemistry between the lead actors.

My friend felt that the novel had not been well-adapted, that the cinimatography was often too close in, and that Robert Pattinson's acting was not all that.

So I think it will hit different people different ways. I do think that they toned the animal abuse down from what it was in the book. I had heard that the cast all fell in love with the elephant, so I believe that she was treated quite well on set.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.