Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: In Zion ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:43AM

What are your plans for Klan week end?

If you are not a Mormon or a dis-affected Mormon my guess is you'll spend time with family. Enjoying their company. Maybe getting together with neighbors. Or getting a head start on Fall clean up.

If you are a Member then it's easy. You'll wait to hear that fear and lack of education are the norm. That hate is wrong. But Mormon hate is not only o.k. But if you are found not to have the correct amount of racism and anger twords others you'll be seen as less than worthy.

And let's not forget rule number one.

Membership costs a mandatory ten percent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gordongrant ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 09:07AM

I am by no means TBM. The LDS leaders and a large percent of its membership need enlightenment. But I think your allusion to the KKK might be seen as being over the top. It suggests a parochial, extremist view on your own part that doesn't help the cause of the questioning Mormon who comes on this site looking for answers.

Just sayin'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2017 11:54AM by gordongrant.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 09:22AM

Heck, we know they're not the KKK, but they are extremist (in too many ways) and so many of the most active are definitely parochial, so probably most of us will give the OP way better than just a passing grade.

Not many come here to learn proper decorum regarding dealings with la iglesia mormona.

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 10:07AM

gordongrant please O' please spend some time in Utah. Racism buy the Mormons is industrial strength. We don't have segregated lunch counters. But I would strongly urge you to spend some time among these sheeple.

Posted by: gordongrant ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 10:37AM

Bert: Been there. Done that. Paid my dues as a student at BYU and I am still shocked nearly 40 yrs later at how insular students from the Morridor were, how easily they made racist comments, etc. I grew up on the east coast and while I'm not claiming to be a great racial healer, I saw a difference. I'll also grant that racism is still likely fairly prevalent in the Morridor. Visit there only rarely, but have seen anti-gay prejudice against myself first hand, so no doubts there are many unenlightened TBMs roaming about.

But I'll argue there's an important difference between racism stemming from IGNORANCE (most Mormon racial prejudice) and racism that stems from HATRED and a willingness to commit to violence (KKK, skin heads, Aryan Nation, etc.)--kind of an omission/ commission distinction.

Personally, just don't think it's right to brand someone who's gullible, naive, misled, uninformed, ignorant or just plain moronic as a hate monger. Not bothered or distressed in any way if you disagree, just offering another viewpoint.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2017 11:52AM by gordongrant.

Posted by: kendricklamar ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 03:24AM

Utah is the worst for a black as myself coming from a black majority city in California. People staring at you thinking you're going to rob them or something. I blame the church.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 10:25AM

Clan just means family but Klan means KKK. What's your point.

Posted by: In Zion ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 12:43PM

I mean Klan as in organized hate. If it is taught then it is organized. I'll say it again. If it is taught then it is organized. Dislike of the "Other" is a pillar of Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.