Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 03:08PM

This "NEWS" came up on my feed about 12:16PM, Mtn Time.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/faith/lds-faithful-encouraged-by-oscarson-holland-to-serve-and-seek/article_dca0e4f8-7753-5ca8-8db2-4bd0ab168cf3.html

I don't think this really qualifies as NEWS, at least anywhere but Utah County.

I was aquainted with Genelle Pugmire when I worked at the University Mall in Orem, early 90's, before I became an ex-mo. She was and probably still is a nice woman. One time, she mentioned that she was heading to conference the next day and "press" had reserved seats. I was so jealous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 03:36PM

I read part of this speech, it's all the same mormon crap that they spew all of the time.

"President Deiter F. Uchtdorf began by telling conference goers that, “God calls you. God knows your every thought, your sorrows and your greater hopes. God knows the many times you have sought Him. The many times you have failed.”
He also reminded members that no matter their history, even if they have faltered, felt broken, bitter, betrayed or beaten that they are never alone. God still calls to them."

Yeah, like gawd even knows my name let alone cares what I think, do, or say. When I still believed this crap, I sought divine inspiration from gawd on many occasions, and always got the same reply back; nothing. Yeah, it's all crap.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 04:17PM

Failed? Failed at what? Remembering every item on my grocery list? Geesh.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 04:34PM

"He also reminded members that no matter their history, even if they have faltered, felt broken, bitter, betrayed or beaten that they are never alone. God still calls to them.""

...but......

God can't save you in the water.
God can't save you...UNLESS you have garments on...
and this new one which I hadn't heard before but read here........God keeps only certain hours and can't help you after 10pm...or 12am....some late time..

Posted by: kendricklamar ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 05:55PM

Only in Utah... Damn this is one of those few times I'm glad I live in Compton

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 03:37PM

Oaks admitted that education "pose(s) difficult problems for Latter-day Saints."

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 11:15PM

Yes, the more education you get the easier it becomes to see the lack of credibility in the church's claims!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 11:24PM

"God knows your every thought" ....

Then why do you pray ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.