Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 01:27PM

I have told several posters to not feeling bad for things that aren't their fault.
But yesterday I realized that I do the same thing when I read or listen something about violence against women in my country.
I even say or think "We are a shame" or "We are sh#t", when I did nothing at all.
And there were only two years of mormonism, now I understand how a lot of people who I know can believe in all the BS of TSCC.
I think I hate that brainwashing cult.

PS: I also hate misogyny (of all kind).
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/world/2017/06/24/argentina-women-violence/103170966/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 01:49PM

Take it to heart.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 02:49PM

It could be that you're just feeling some empathy for those who suffer, and you wish you could help. Which of course you should do, when you can.

I believe that there is no thing, no agency, that sets moral or ethical standards, meaning it's up to each of us. And of course lying is something we're born ready to do. (Mom: Timmy, did you knock lamp off the desk? 2 yr old Timmy: No! ...even though she watched him do it.)

The conscience, la consencia... We are not born with an innate sense of conscience. There is no 'still, small voice' that whispers to us to teach us right from wrong. The basic rule of life is "What can I get away with?" The corollary is "what does hiding my true nature get me?"

I love being human, but I'm not caught up in thinking we're more than sapient herd animals, with herd mentalities that we sometimes successfully paper over.

As for feeling guilty, it's an art form, practiced by way too few people. I sincerely believe that most people are okay, and maybe even happy, with getting away with shit.

Date: October 03, 2017 09:18PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As for feeling guilty, it's an art form, practiced by way too few people. I sincerely believe that most people are okay, and maybe even happy, with getting away with shit.

Sad, but true.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 09:23PM

Date: October 03, 2017 10:25PM

Bingo.

You made me remember that in these days I learnt the importance of religion in order to control people in ancient mesopotamia,and that guilt play had a main role in it.
It is interesting how institutions use such old ways to control people and how they are still effective.
But I am not saying they are good, in fact they help to destroy some people lifes and to brainwash a lot of people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.