Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 04:29PM

Sleeping in on a rainy morning because there's nowhere else I have to be.

Happiness is ... the smell of clean laundry, and dinner cooking.

It's the little things in life that mean so much.

What brings you happiness &/or gives joy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: khark ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 04:34PM

doing a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and allowing time to go freely. That is true bliss.

K

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 04:48PM

Having Sundays off and 10% more money at the end of the month.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 05:11PM

Autumn, weather getting cooler, nice cool breezes, autumn leaves, hockey season, curling up with a good book, going for walks again when the weather gets cooler, sleeping in a tent

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 06:00PM

Having my 2 year-old wake me up on Sunday by jumping on me and saying, "I love you too daddy" (she always says "I love you too" even if she's the first one to say it!).

Finding out my wife packed a lunch for me and didn't tell me.

Hitting a 290-yard drive right down the middle of the fairway (it happened yesterday, I swear -- never mind the 15MPH tail wind!).

Tacos.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 06:04PM

Coming home from my therapy appointment and the dishes are done. I did them, but I didn't want to. It is always great to have the kitchen clean when I walk in and laundry done.

I do love the fall also. My favorite season.

My kids. They cause me a lot of problems, but they bring me more joy than anything else in the world (and hte dogs--they'd expect me to say that).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 06:05PM by cl2.

Date: October 09, 2017 06:27PM

I'm with you on the children too Cl2.

My own have diverged to faraway places. One of them stays in close contact so that's been a comfort to me.

I'm down to one pet, a Cairn terrier I've had since it was a pup.

It's up in years now but still acts like a pup most of the time. When he goes I doubt will get another one. My dog and cat days are pretty much behind me now except for him.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 07:26PM

And I got another one after losing my 14-year-old king charles spaniel who had heart problems and only lived 3-1/2 years. He was something. He helped to heal me. AND then I said NEVER AGAIN and my boyfriend just kept looking and he showed me this little dog who was part terrier and part chihuahua and it said that he and his brother had been left at the side of the road and a sheriff found them. I went and adopted them the next day.

I keep telling myself that I will have saved them so it is worth it, but losing them is so HORRIFIC.

I've read about your daughter on here. Why are daughters so difficult? Mothers and daughters. They just have no idea how much we love them.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 06:48PM

Holding my precious granddaughter. Peace and quiet at home. Grown children who watch out for me. Flowers in my favorite vase. My record player and old 60's and 70's albums

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 08:29PM

Happiness is hearing that one little word you have been waiting for all the while knowing that there is a delicious dinner at home in the oven just waiting for you. That word is Amen.

Happiness is sitting on the end of a row when you hear that one little word that brings the boredom to an end.

Happiness is the closing song, just before that one little word. Doesn't matter what song it is, it's the closing song for hell's sake, we all go home now.

Happiness is when the Bishop stands up to thank the speaker and announce the closing song.

Happiness is when the last speaker starts to bring her/his speech to an end and wrap it up.

Happiness is, uh, there is no happiness up to this point, just pure boredom.

Date: October 09, 2017 09:04PM

Are you sure that's not a reprieve from torture?

;-)

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:49AM

A Warm Puppy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:50AM

A warm puppy beats a cold hot dog.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:54AM

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:55AM

Wish I had something to say here...

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:57AM

Happiness is a warm immature feline?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 01:27AM

warm immature felines, for sure!

Also, having found and married the love of your life, loving your kids and grandkids, good books by favorite authors, Mexican food, Greek food, going to the beach, being retired, and never having to set an alarm clock.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.