Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 07:46PM

Eating a delicious meatloaf and vegetables meal. Relaxing in my gown after a long day in the salt mines. Watching ME tv.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 08:49PM

Love METV!

But I'm not watching it tonight.

Cooked. Made salad, loaf of bread and sauteed 2 red peppers and a mess of onions to dump in stuff I cook all week.

Also just paid the bills and balanced checkbook as I'm streaming cable news on my laptop.

Full disclosure: Never been to a FHE. Sounds miserable though. All that frickin' praying and felt. What a bore.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 08:37PM

Boyfriend is bringing over steaks to grill. Then I'll watch TV until I fall asleep.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 08:44PM

In my family, every night is family home evening night.

I hope that will change someday. Need for my grown-up son to move out on his own...

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 09:08PM

slskipper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my family, every night is family home evening
> night.

There ya go. :)

Still at work. Heading home soon, where my 2 year-old will come running out the door to give me a hug, my 16 year-old will have homework she needs help with, and my lovely wife will have dinner ready.

Don't need no stinkin' set-aside night to love and appreciate and help my family.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 10:50PM

If there's enough beer, every night is FHE!

I know that really makes no sense, but that's how beer affects me. Isn't it sort of sweet how affect and affection have the same first six letters? I learned that from the bible.

Posted by: perditious1 ( )
Date: October 16, 2017 11:00PM

got Monday night football on espn and major league baseball on foxsports1

split screened with pumpkin spice ale, gotta love October!!!!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 01:11PM

I was watching my recordings of Adam 12 and Emergency. I like ME TV too.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 02:19PM

Watching over my dear wife as she dies from cancere

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 02:35AM

desertman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Watching over my dear wife as she dies from
> cancere

I've done this, with my aunt, and then with my father...

My thoughts are with you, desertman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 02:35AM by Tevai.

Posted by: jackman ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 03:10PM

We still have FHE Monday nights. FHE is still a very much ingrained habit for us. I don't see anything wrong with it so why stop? Having the family together is always a good thing.
Instead of a church lesson we now do a life lesson or motivational though, maybe discuss the latest scientific discovery of the week, or SpaceX rocket landing or whatever is interesting and inspiring that week. No FHE is complete without a fun activity or game and we still always have a treat. That is probably not a good healthy choice but it's a habit that we just don't care to break.
FHE for us is now more about togetherness and less about some mandatory church lesson.

Posted by: NevermoinIdaho ( )
Date: October 17, 2017 09:55PM

I live alone, so no FHE here, but if you strip all the churchy stuff from it I kind of like the idea of a regular family get-together. A chance to touch base, maybe play games, have fun. But I'd leave anything religious out of it. I suppose the Mormon higher-ups could never imagine doing THAT.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 01:59AM

BINGO!!!

Don't win but I have a good time getting out of the house.

Posted by: Gd ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 06:06PM

To think that the Church makes a big deal about FHE when it is often the reason the family is not at home in the first place.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 06:13PM

On Monday nights -the traditional FHE evening - in the fall and early winter I watch football with a beer while keeping an eye on the kids playing on the floor in front of me as my wife rests after caring for toddlers all day.

In the spring, we often go for a walk with the dog after dinner. Then I play the piano while the children dance around the living room (their dancing is somewhere between actual dancing and roller derby minus the skates) and my wife rests on the sofa.

In the summer we usually dine outside and play outside until dark.

Post-morg life is great.

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 12:51AM

ya know? When I was a nevermo married to another nevermo, I heard about the family home evenings, and I thought, "They have to make an appointment to be with their families? Why?"

I had a DH who came home at the same time for supper every night. We had a routine that included him and me talking to each other while we did the dishes together, and a time of reading out loud while the kids colored before bed every night. It was fun, and our family was close.

Then my DH had a heart attack and died suddenly; the family life imploded---

I remarried to my current TDM. Lo and behold, so much service and church happened that making an appointment to be together even once a week would have been a big improvement. So there ya go---what you haven't experienced you can't even guess sometimes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.