Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 12:56PM

On October 23rd I noticed that the trees - in part - were in peak bloom, especially one next door. So I took a picture of the tree which was magnificent. I caught some of the leaves and the trunk of the tree in front of it. On Monday night we had a storm. At almost exactly midnight (within two minutes plus of minus), the front tree - with every leaf still green, crashed down. It wasn't particularly old - probable not much over seventy and was about twelve feet in circumference. As it crashed, it avoided hitting my neighbor's car with small branches landing on both sides and not hitting it, the car having a license plate with his late wife's name. My neighbor will be 94 in a few months and still drives. I looked closely at the tree which was so specially beautiful in fall foliage. The tree is rotten on one third and hollow on another. The tree that fell had protected it from the wind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2017 12:57PM by rhgc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: October 31, 2017 09:31PM

The wind speaks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.