Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 09:18PM

Story 1: Friday I was at a friends house and she had the sister missionaries over for dinner. This person was looking after her 4 granddaughters and I believe the missionaries tried to teach one of them for age 8 baptism. They told me it was a failure. I asked them how many converts they were teaching. They said none. They said that the people in the city were not interested in religion. As an aside these two sisters were nice but really had no clear cut personality that would make people excited about anything. I asked them what they were going to do after their missions. They had no clear cut plans. I found it very sad that they were wasting two years of their lives for what? I could not answer that.
Story 2; Today at Church Bishop got up during announcements and reamed out the congregation for not feeding the missionaries. It was brutal as he begged for people to have missionaries over for meals and have them bring the missionary spirit into their homes. I felt that the Bishop doing this set a negative tone for the rest of the meeting. I am not a member of this ward. I just go to see some friends and have some fun chats after SM. He repeated the same thing in Priesthood meeting. I could tell that member interest in feeding the missionaries was low. And if the missionaries were like the above sisters, they would bring a feeling of despair into your home!!
Story 3: During Priesthood they announced they needed 7 brothers to help in the temple Tuesday night for youth baptisms. After much pleading they only got 4. No one wants to do it or they are like me and do not have a temple recommend. The 4 brothers that volunteered were not happy but wanted to put the guy doing the pleading out of his misery. And the theme for SM was we need a little more pain to make us appreciated our blessings.
I think people in this ward have had it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snowednomore ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 01:16AM

The shine has worn off. Everyone is tired and burned out. The church has nothing to offer.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 01:34AM

When are the planning meetings going to take place during which the needs and expectations of the members will be considered, and a focus developed on how best to achieve them?

Has there ever been an attempt to ask ghawd what's the shortest possible length of time to hold a Sunday meeting, so that families can rest; how much can we remove from the bullshit that goes on now so that Sundays become a day to which families can look forward?

Can ghawd find a better way to bring down converts into the waters of baptism, besides knocking on doors? Of course they could, but then they'd lose their shots at 'church breaking' the youth.

So find and develop programs that will use the media arts to do the church breaking. How about awesome book of mormon video games, how about prizes for achieving specific levels, how about having summer service projects in foreign lands?

Mr. mormon ghawd is a fücking old fogey. Go ahead, tell him I said so!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.