Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OntheDownlow ( )
Date: December 15, 2017 09:26PM

its been a while since i posted, but sis mish stopped by tonight. they looked younger and dumber than my middle school daughters. made me feel angry the church had these young ladies out in the dark and cold doing this false work. they were still sweet and offering help when i let them know my coming out of it. i cant stand those greedy pigs taking advantage of so many and risking their safety. but u cant seem to penatrate the determined minds of fanatics who have been conditioned since birth to associate only good things to their religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 06:18AM

This will continue until the mishies and their families refuse to cooperate.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 07:42AM

ditto

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 10:31AM

ditto that ditto

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 07:41AM

The brethren have human trafficking down to a science.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 09:03PM

Piss on the missionaries. We'll, not literally (necessarily).

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 18, 2017 06:48PM

Remember that age? Even though I had grown up with self-confidence beaten out of me, I still had thoughts of changing the world.

These young people are being taken advantage of to such an extent that the MormonCult needs to pay them big time for their vile indoctrination into missionary service.

It is CHILD ABUSE that robs these kids of exploration, discovery, questioning, traveling, schooling, making friends, play......you know VITAl stuff that should be top on the list at this time of their lives, NOT .....obey. no thinking outside the box, obey some more, very marginal contact with family and friends, obey, no contact with current events, obey, music that is only church approved, obey, taking away their passports, obey, work long unrealistic and unhealthy exhausting hours, obey, read scriptures continually, and obey and obey and obey.

It is truly sickening.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 18, 2017 09:20PM

...Beginning the day they’re 2 years old and they “bear testimony” in sacrament meeting and the ward giggles.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: December 19, 2017 07:47AM

The whole missionary system makes my heart hurt.

I feel for the young people who are trying to do their best, but have been told since they were children that one day they will serve a mission "if they are worthy." For young men, there is often no other option. For young women, it is a genuine desire to serve. Both will spend their missions getting beat up over numbers and rejected constantly.

I feel bad for the parents of missionaries. Missions aren't cheap - most have to save for years to be able to afford it and send their child a bit of money every month. Add in the fact that most Mormon families have more than one child (with college costs chasing the mission bills) and...yeah...

We've discussed missionaries a lot on this board. Yes, they can be immature, they can be annoying, and they can be flat out rude. Since they lowered the age, though, I haven't met a single one that wasn't a genuinely nice kid (and I do stress kid). I hope that some day the Morg will realize that the current mission system is a waste of time and move to a service mission. Let these kids experience what real service to others is.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.