Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 01:27PM

I saw it yesterday with my daughter and her husband and have to say, I was very entertained, which I guess is the reason to go to a movie.

We ended sitting way down front so the seats were too close but it was OK.

Hugh Jackman is terrific as PT Barnum. I've heard that name all my life but had no idea any of his backstory, and I'm not sure how accurate it is. But the music is fun, and the lyrics are done by the Oscar winners from LaLa Land last year, Justin Paul and Benj Pasek. It's also original, as opposed to being a remake or a sequel to something else.

And of course, it wouldn't be complete unless I mentioned that Barnum's father is played by Will Swenson, former morg member, son the Hale family of theater people, very active on Broadway and married to Audra McDonald. I was hoping I could marry her but since that didn't happen, he's lucky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 04:40PM

I really liked it too. I was curious about the accuracy of the story as well and came home and googled a little. The movie isn't very accurate. Barnum did some pretty unethical things. Hollywood portrays PT Barnum a little like the Mormon church portrays Joseph Smith. Oh well, the movie was entertaining anyway.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 08:30PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 10:11PM

Nah, haven't yet seen it.

Like Hugh Jackman though, so hope to get around to watching it while it's still at the movies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.