Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 05:40AM

A recently released video shows two Mormon missionaries practicing cheesy and mildly bawdy pick up lines on a front doorstep.

"Posted on YouTube by NewNameNoah, the video was uploaded with the caption, 'On the way to the front door these Mormon missionaries made eye contact with an attractive woman inside the home through the window and practiced their pick-up lines as they waited for her to answer the door.

Needless to say, she never answered the door.'"

Gee, I wonder why? They came with such a spiritual message and all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5279669/Mormon-missionaries-practice-cringe-worthy-pick-lines.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 09:10AM

They should know that Elohim...err...Amazon is always watching!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 10:39AM

See if you recognize one of them...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iHkYV-kTkag

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 11:14AM

What a pair of twits. And people are supposed to believe they are "Elders" and know the truth about god? Sheeesh.

Posted by: jackman ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 11:26AM

I feel bad for these missionaries. Yeah they were acting inappropriately for being supposed servants of the Lord but to be fair they did think there were alone and out of earshot at the time.
I was once a dumb 19 year old kid full of hormones and sexual frustration too. Tracting is the worst of the worst activities for a missionary and I would have probably something similar. I'm glad I served my mission before the age of abundant video surveillance.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 11:43AM

I agree. We've got to remember that the missionaries are just stupid teenagers who often do stupid things out of immaturity. No doubt it's only gotten worse since the missionary age was lowered.

On the bright side, it will embarrass the church.

These two are going to get into massive trouble with their mission president, who almost certainly got an angry call from the church office building when the newspaper article came out. And their public shame will live on in cyberspace for a long long time... especially if their antics turn into a meme.

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 11:46AM

God was there. They made their lewd comments right where God could see and hear.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 11:49AM

jackman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...but to be fair they did think there
> were alone and out of earshot at the time.

How you act when you think you're alone and out of earshot is who you really are.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 12:59PM

+ A billion million trillion.

I have thought for a long long time that the true test of a person is not whether they will follow the rules, but what will they be when there are no rules?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 06:37PM

Oh, sure. I don't think what they did was so horrible, but merely ill-advised. The servants of the Lord got caught. ;)

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 12:40PM

And they are supposed to represent this so called church!wow, they should leave this cult and do other things

Date: January 18, 2018 01:03PM

Remembering back on my two years, I would say the behavior of these two is not an isolated incident but somewhat common. These kids are Mormons. Mormon means you put put up a pious front. But most drop the facade the second no one is looking.

I don't find that much wrong with their silliness before the doors open. The disgusting part is that what happens after someone opens the door.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 01:36PM

It is common.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 03:06PM

"On the way to the front door these Mormon missionaries made eye contact with an attractive woman inside the home through the window and practiced their pick-up lines as they waited for her to answer the door."

According to the video, I didn't see anything that indicates that this was truly the case. Their pick up lines may not have been intended for someone in particular. They may have just been trying to pass the time with a cheesy pick up line contest.

The church harms a lot of people in very real ways. Unless there's actually more evidence than this video, I see what the missionaries did as pretty harmless. I think I can cut the kids some slack this time.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 03:10PM

Oh, yeah, on the scale of evil, 1 to 10, this is about 0.04, but because mormonism is involved, we can't help ourselves!

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 04:30PM

These guys would make excellent apostates. It sounds like they wouldn't need much convincing to jump ship. Maybe they'll show up on this board.

Date: January 18, 2018 06:29PM

I hope so, many missionaries leave after their mission ends

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 08:27PM

Missionaries behaving like teens, which they are! Kids who are brainwashed from the time they start talking that to be a missionary as a Mormon male is to be a best-friend to God himself.

And, maybe have parents who will disown them if they don't serve.

Or, worse still, have a girlfriend who is insisting that the only way they will ever do it is if he goes on a mission.

Pressure from the get go that just keeps on get-going...so off they go, doing what they have been told over and over is what a "good" obedient child of Gawd does and what's more, that he has especially been "specially" chosen to do this mishie thing.

What's a So-Special-Mormon-Teen going to do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2018 08:31PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: yamsi ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 08:59PM

475 views and no comments!

Comments are usually the best part.

Whoops! I was on the wrong account. New Name Noah has the expected comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZM64_RuJBA

447K views and 575 comments

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2018 09:07PM by yamsi.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 01:38AM

"What virgins talk about" was my favorite comment. I get the image that this is what life at BYU is like. I was offered a grad school scholarship for there but am glad I had another offer. I had so much sex at the other school, and did not need to get married. This is why I believe there is a God, and he is a guy.

Posted by: Anonymous1234 ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 10:03PM

This reminds me of something that happened on my mission. One of the other missionaries was known for saying outlandish things that made the rest of us laugh. This happened at a mission conference at Christmas time (we only had a mission-wide conference once per year, at Christmas time). All 200+ of us were all having dinner in the cultural hall of a Stake center (picture dinner time at Hogwarts castle). The mission president had just spoken. As we ate dinner, this one Elder said (in a voice loud enough for about only ten of us to hear him. "Hey, I just thought of a way to get in the door. When the housewife answers you say 'how would you like to get wildly fucked by two mormon missionaries?'". For those of us who heard him, we all nearly lost the food in our mouths as we laughed so hard. Another ten or so Elders wanted him to repeat what he said, seeing how something was terribly funny. No one would repeat what had been said. That made it even funier, and no one would say about what. If the non-member community only knew...

Posted by: helenm ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 12:22AM

There have been missionaries who have abandoned their mission while on it, have gotten married and have had premarital sex on their missions.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 03:36AM

What bothers me is the number of times they ring and knock!! And the length of time they stay on the doorstep! Geesh..

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 12:06PM

The longer they stand at empty houses, the fewer doorbells they have to ring that day.

That's exactly what I'd do if I didn't really want to talk to anybody about the product I was selling. Waste as much time as possible looking like I'm working.

Date: January 20, 2018 12:16PM

You are on to something there.

What I did more than anything else on the mission was "clock watch." Nothing will make you wish for the hours to pass quickly more than a morning and an afternoon of tracting.

I get why these kids are in this frame of mind. I wish more missionary parents could see what their beloveds are actually doing. No wonder they call it enduring to the end.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 05:00AM

"pickup lines?" They don't respect women enough to try to be charming. After all, they were told at the age of 12, that they had more "authority" from God, than their mothers--or any other woman--would ever have.

These.Are.Sexist.Remarks.

No, these missionaries are brainwashed, and will make very good Mormons, with this typical Mormon disrespect for women. The Mormon men I know would be proud. Young fledglings in the "Good Ol'Boys' Club." So unattractive.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 01:14PM

In 2008, Mormon missionaries damaged a Catholic Shrine in Colorado:

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=8513613&itype=NGPSID

RFM discussion
http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon520.htm

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 30, 2018 09:57PM

Seeing the inside of missionary 'work' [play] (missionary practices), I would hate to see the outside. BIG turnoff!

These youngsters are commonly ignorant, repulsive, egotistical, degrading, thoughtless and inconsistent. The 'church' wouldn't have it any other way.

Date: January 31, 2018 09:15AM

Jehovah's witness are worse!they never leave and are aggressive! But if you ask why can't you do blood transfusions they open the bibles they have and walk away haha

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.