Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 11:00AM

Ward conference yesterday. I came for last hour to see how the new Priesthood Program was going to work. It was a combined Relief Society and Priesthood meeting. Tables set up in culture hall with sheets to discuss how to increase charity in our lives and also the ward. It was a group discussion with each table reporting back at the end. Pure BS. If this is the direction the Church is taking, then it appears to be an end to teaching doctine and more in the counseling mode. Same old people talking in the groups, same old stuff reported back and the same old "we are not doing enough,we need to do more. As the member of Stake Presidency said, revelation comes in little pieces and as we talk we can get revelation to move forward.

Question: Is there a difference now between revelation and inspiration? I would say that the discussions are more inspiration and not revelation but the SP said it was revelation. And he was impressed with the comments and revelation given at this seesion of ward conference.

So I tested the charity. I was sitting with a single sister and I said lets move to a bigger group. So we did. 3 sisters, 3 young women about 20, and me, a male. I decided not to say anything but listen. And I did active listening, watching each person talk or say something. No one in the group acknowledged me nor did they talk to me, or ask for my opinion. They know who I am. How is that for charity. And one of the sisters was the Bishops wife!!!! As I said the topic was complete BS.

Prior to the meeting, the SP who was conducting the joint session talks to me about home teaching. We actually have one good family that I really enjoy visiting with. He said to me "You are I are still going to our families to "Minister" to them." I said "I hate that word" and he asked why and I said "it makes us sound like any other Christian Church and I thought the LDS Church was different." His response was interesting. He said, "Well in the Bible it talks about Christ ministering, etc, etc. I said I still hate the word and the concept. And then he dropped the topic and said that we will be ministering from now on.

Take away. As a ministering person, he did not hear me nor did he take my statement seriously. Failure pure and simple. he did not want to hear me out or understand my concerns because it sounded like I was not supporting the program. Yes that is correct but as a minister you need to understand and listen to your flock. And be supportive to your flock.

They did release all the Elders and the HP leaders but did not put anyone in place yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 09, 2018 11:09AM

What's new in Mormonism?

Absolutely Nothing! (Say It Again) [Frankie Goes To Hollywood]

Folks who will never listen... because they think they know it all. No humility. Little patience (and big headed pretend doctors). They will never make great monsters, I mean ministers (spell✓heck). Oops

Mormons Make More Monsters.

M@t

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.