Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 09:02PM

Growing up we had a series of 3 Bishops who were well aware of the sexual predator who raped Mormon friends of ours. It was all reported to all of them and they did NOTHING, except send the man to LDS Social Services. Once they pronounced him "miraculously healed of his kiddie raping tendencies" and he had repented, so he was put in charge of our scout troop, since all the other Dads in the Ward were far more interested in watching football on the weekends than they were in spending time teaching their son's and their friends how to build fires and survive in the wilderness. He wasn't 'cured' by any means, but he went on to abuse our friends for 4 years, unabated, and unpunished. Once he was caught, again, he was sent back to LDS SS and pronounced miraculously healed again! and repentant, so repeat, again and again, until finally, he got caught by a Non MORmON raping his non Mormon child, who did the right thing and put the kiddie rapist in jail.
It's all well documented here, starting about page 21-25, or search "LaHolt" you'll find it.

https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/documents/6/60/INSTANCES_OF_CHILD_SEXUAL_ABUSE_ALLEGEDLY_PERPETRATED_BY_MEMBERS_OF_THE_CHURCH_OF_JESUS_CHRIST_OF_LATTER-DAY_SAINTS-2017-06.pdf

The document above is true, but what it doesn't detail is that the LDS Doctor knew that LaHolt was raping his 3 sons, while LaHolt lived on his property. He failed to turn the guy into police. Why? Because he didn't want to "soil the good name of the church".

The same reason given by the 3 Bishops who put this known pedophile in charge of a scout troop, unaccompanied by any adults. It's the same reason they failed to turn him in when they found out he was doing it again and again and again.

As a result, friends of mine fought back, and won, to the tune of millions of $ because they deserved it. But it was also hush money and they are forbidden from speaking about it. But I'm not. I didn't take the hush money.

My silence isn't for sale.
Doomsday Sex CULT of Joseph's Myth of Doomsday Dupes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 11:34PM

That's the sad thing about a financial settlement--While a victim deserves whatever they can get, the perpetrator--in this case the rapist AND the church system, get away with only financial costs.

It's ugly. Scream it out.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 03:39AM

Actually saw someone from my old ward on the list.
Taken aback, but not surprised.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 09:43AM

is on the list. I didn't click on the attachments. He did a lot more than is just listed on this document and could be in the attachments. A lot of people/leaders gave him a pass because he was such a nice guy. He is in prison for the rest of his life from what I last read. He's been there a long, long time as it is.

BUT they could have stopped long before he was. And he acted as though he was some prophet and sent out a long letter about he was called forth to pronounce some kind of reason he is the way he is. I did read the letter, but I can't remember much. My ex actually stood up for him at the time. My ex was involved with him about 6 months before we got married.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.