Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 08:51AM

https://imgur.com/a/Mg9PUk5

It began in Arizona...or did it?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/no-jack-city/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2018 06:15AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 27, 2018 08:51AM

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 09:02AM

Does the fact that I’m not dead mean I didn’t defend myself valiantly enough?

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 10:29AM

So I have been "raping" myself for decades?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 10:39AM

The only "rape" that is legal and ethical? :)

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 10:42AM

Another good poster idea in this vein:

A teenager screaming at his/her hand. "NO MEANS NO!"

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 10:45AM

I've heard of masturbation being described as self-love, self-abuse, and now self-rape? Brings to mind Hamlet's remark, "Nothing is either right or wrong, but thinking makes it so."

:+|

Posted by: levantis ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 02:41PM

Don't forget, it can also make you gay!

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 04:05PM

Even if you're completely sober and consenting?

And do you have to register as a sex offender if you go through with it?

Maybe only if you get caught, like if someone were to walk in on you.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 08:48PM

Please don't call 911 about this.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 10:47PM

If Masturbation is self rape then you are someone who can't give consent. Jesus said be like unto a child? Makes sense if you are a believer.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 02:17AM

What in the hell?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 01:00PM

Rape doesn't cause pregnancy say republicans.

Date: April 28, 2018 08:25PM

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/08/a-canard-that-will-not-die-legitimate-rape-doesnt-cause-pregnancy/261303/

"First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare, If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

"Take Christian Life Resources, an educational site, for example. It reprints an 1999 article on the topic that seeks to make the same distinction between categories of rape as did Akin, and for the same reason. Wrote John C. Willke -- a physician who in the 1980s and early 1990s was president of the National Right to Life Committee -- in the piece, originally published in Life Issues Connector:

When pro-lifers speak of rape pregnancies, we should commonly use the phrase "forcible rape" or "assault rape," for that specifies what we're talking about. Rape can also be statutory. Depending upon your state law, statutory rape can be consensual, but we're not addressing that here .... Assault rape pregnancies are extremely rare.

.... What is certainly one of the most important reasons why a rape victim rarely gets pregnant, and that's physical trauma. Every woman is aware that stress and emotional factors can alter her menstrual cycle. To get and stay pregnant a woman's body must produce a very sophisticated mix of hormones. Hormone production is controlled by a part of the brain that is easily influenced by emotions. There's no greater emotional trauma that can be experienced by a woman than an assault rape. This can radically upset her possibility of ovulation, fertilization, implantation and even nurturing of a pregnancy. So what further percentage reduction in pregnancy will this cause? No one knows, but this factor certainly cuts this last figure by at least 50 percent and probably more."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2018 08:55PM by anybody.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: April 30, 2018 02:14AM

If that were a genuine LDS poster, they would never have had it feature a girl on it. 'Sweet Sisters' are far too pure to do anything as masturbate!

But look at the writing in tiny print, tucked away in the bottom left hand corner of the poster:

"This message was brought to you by Boyd K. Packer".

On a serious note, this whole subject area would be funny if only it weren't so genuinely tragic in real life; as I type there are Mormon boys going through untold torments thanks to this harmful, destructive bulllsh... errr, nonsense. And that really is nothing to laugh about.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.