Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 04:55AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGCGZa8YkE

*parody

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 07:08AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 06, 2018 05:41AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bOjURWZOG4w

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 05:46AM by steve benson.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 07:30AM

I was going to post the one about Drumpf as a mormon missionary but I would probably get smited by admin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 09:30AM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Drumpf ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 10:56AM

Who is Drumpf?

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 02:57PM

The current occupant of the White Houses' last name when his family first came from Germany.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 04:11PM

Drumpf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is Drumpf?

Apparently some people are unable to accept the fact that an ancestor of Donald Trump changed the family name well before Donald Trump was born.

Date: May 06, 2018 06:23PM

Kind of like you not using your last name, either :)

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 07:19PM

I didn't even know he was a member.

H.T. "A blast"?. I don't think I've ever heard that before.

Instead, as it appears to me, it seems to have always been thought of as a chore that has to be done, and even (in some cases), avoided.

Date: May 06, 2018 07:34PM

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 07:38PM

For those who are unaware, this was originally a propaganda video produced by the church of Scientology featuring Tom Cruise, complete with the quasi-mission impossible sounding theme song in the background.

I don’t know exactly what this video is meant to be, but it seems like it is more mocking the concept of home teaching then it is poking gentle fun at it. Especially when the guy Asks if 100% home teaching as possible and Tom Cruise goes into peals of laughter.

Both videos are funny, if anyone here wants to look up the original one with the Church of Scientology. Apparently when it came out they tried to walk back the whole thing or a claim that the video have been edited with the soundtrack in the background, but I’m not 100% sure on all of that. I do remember how weird it was, though, and how weird it still is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 07:38PM by midwestanon.

Date: May 06, 2018 09:08PM

. . . be it Scientology or Mormonism (in this case, specifically, the latter).

Since Mormonism operates on the fundamental principle of separating people from their money and does so by:

preaching, teaching and practicing primordial sexism and racism;

by openly lying about and rewriting its sordid history;

by shamelessly promoting an virulently anti-science mindset;

by ruthlessly demanding unquestioning obedience to authority:

by relentlessly discouraging intellectual freedom; and

by systematically suppressing and punishing individual expression, honest questioning and natural inquisitiveness, then the best humor to use against it is humor that cuts quick, cuts hard and cuts deep. Irreverence for the irrational. Mock on!

In the end, this is not some kind of gentle game. This is a war for peoples’ lives—lives that are irreparably damaged and destroyed by Mormonism.

Welcome to the rumble. If some folks can’t stand the heat of the humor, then they should get out of the kitchen. Forget all the “true church“ nonsense. What’s important is to be true to yourself

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 09:41PM by steve benson.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 11:29PM

What I meant was is that I don’t know if this was produced by church members to make fun of home teaching, or exmos... Making fun of home teaching.

Date: May 07, 2018 02:17AM

That would amount to engaging in light mindedness, loud laughter and evil speaking/editing of the Lord’s formally-anointed program of homepreaching, er, teaching.

Most likely, the vicious vid was satanically inspired and then outer-darkness produced by chain-smoking, beer-swilling, card-playing ex-Mo merchants of malevolence or other sinfully-spawned degenerate non-saints who were miraculously sired through the spirit of Satan and his web of wantonly wicked wives and then sent from the underworld to reign with blood and humor on this earth.

Enjoy the show, folks. They’ll be here all week, or until maybe the thread fills up.

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 03:18PM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.