Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 08:33PM

D'oh!

He had explosives buried in an improvised bunker on public land for 30 years. The Brian Head fire consumed the area. When fire fighters heard explosives going off, they had to abandon the area and only fight the fire from the air. The article didn't specify the religion of the genius who thought it was a good idea to bury explosives on forest service land, but considering he lives in Parowan, I'm guessing Mormon.

ETA: his court date is scheduled for Sept 11. How's that for a bit of irony?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/08/11/year-old-survivalist/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 08:36PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 08:58PM

I know him and yes, he is/was Mormon. Hearing it was him didn't surprise me. He was semi active but far enough out there in his thinking that significant callings didn't come his way as far a I knew.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 09:33PM

Zi*on*sCa*mp by any chance? I added the *s so it didn't hit in any search engines. Those people be cray and we don't want them back here.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 09:47PM

Parowan has had (probably still does) some pretty far out there peoples. (Clive types and I understand some polygamist have now taken up residency there).

I have been gone from the community for many years (My brother still lives there.) In my youth I was part of the group that was far out there but was able to extract myself and my family. Have thought about writing it down but looking back it too much for me to ponder much or put it in words.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 12:01PM

Just what was he planning to blow up with those explosives ?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 04:20PM

I think a lot of it was ammunition, which can be pretty scary in a fire. He no doubt stockpiled it so he could protect all his texturized vegetable protein when the gummint collapsed.

The Trib article described it as modified grenades, explosive powder, fuses and ammunition. Modified grenades? Wouldn't you love to be the guinea pig to test those and see if they still worked properly? Oy vey.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 04:45PM

Someone forgot to mention a TV that only gets Fox/trump on it...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.