Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 06:44PM

Ok whenever there is a disaster the Mormons are there and they are probably showing off and saying look how great our church is! Or they are probably trying to convert people as usual! Tgere are fires in California and guess who will be there to clean up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 06:46PM

Mormons are very good at making their church look so friendly and helping out! But they are just trying to get more people in to give money!

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 11:50PM

There may be some of that. But when I was a Mormon, I actually did some good simply because I wanted to. And I would hope that applies to many here.

My brother is a bishop and former logger and tree feller. A couple years ago when there were big fires in Washington, he grabbed his chain saw and went and cut down burned trees for people, not part of a church group.

So while there are many problems with Mormonism, being a Mormon does not mean you have to be evil.

Posted by: AnonAnon ( )
Date: August 29, 2018 02:46AM

Something cynical, but repeated to consider. Be it Mormonism, governments, or other chqritable organizations disaster relied provide an excellent vehicle for laundering money.

By definition it is a chaotic, desperate environment.

lots of massive profit opportunities in transportation and goods. Who is doing the accounting, the quality assurance, and the operations.

Lots and lots of opportunities for things to "fall off the back of trucks"

Something to consider. I guess it could be a sincere enterprise, but wouldnt that manifest itself in a free clinic, homeless shelter, food kitchen......don't really see much profit in those though.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 29, 2018 10:37AM

As for me when there was a need and I could help I did it because I wanted to and there was no hidden ego agenda!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 29, 2018 05:39PM

The church organization gives little to nothing to help out in disasters. Their minor efforts are only done if they are certain to receive maximum out of proportion publicity.

Remember when they sent defective latex gloves and needles and other supplies to a major earthquake?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 29, 2018 08:53PM

The yellow "Mormon helping hands" T-shirts don't just wear themselves, you know. Someone has to get on the street and advertise!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 29, 2018 10:33PM

The church wants their members to help out in disasters and then to give credit to the church. Take off the yellow shirts and volunteer for the Red Cross or your local CERT organization. While you're there, don't talk about the church to anyone. Then it's believable that a person volunteers because they want to for the right reasons.

Posted by: People-help-People ( )
Date: August 29, 2018 11:26PM

Why do Ants crawl, people drink, and rains falling?

Because, that's what happens.

What else do you need to know?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 30, 2018 05:25AM

there is ALWAYS an ulterior motive when MORmONS do something, that's why they are some of the biggest phonies EVER!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.