Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The lady we all know ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 07:49PM

Hi,

I need to share my experience before something more serious happens to me, my partner or my family. This is a convoluted, distressing and painful stealthy family affair that has been caused by many paranoid accusations, grandiose melodrama and attempted murder on their end, and suspicions about my character and usefulness for their benefit. My experience has been of much uncalled for resentment, sexual harassment, bullying and baiting, and competition for attention and status; I've experienced a lot of social stigma and manipulation since my parents moved me to Tennessee at the age of fifteen, and since I've interacted with this family indirectly for several years now I have experienced a lot of abuse by proxy--I believe in order to try to weaken my ability to think and reason for myself because this family and their religious ideals.

I've been being observed and/or followed and had several attempts to convert me over the years by this polygamist family. The father followed to work once with one of his daughters and I believe he expected to interact with me there to groom me intellectually. I was forced out of my favorite sport due to ostracism, bullying and sexual harassment there, while also having the idea put in my mind that I need to pick a church by acquaintances because it was 'the socially acceptable thing to do' and would make me "fit in" but the damage had already been done. (One of the wives' daughters used to figure skate at the ice rink that I skated at; she left by the time I began skating there but she was missed by all the boys, while later, one of the other wives' son's began skating their too).

(One of the wives' daughter's that used to skate got pregnant underage and one of the son's attacked the boyfriend with intent to kill him. The boyfriend survived however and they had a family. This experience caused a lot of drama, paranoia, intensified the family's feelings of entitlement and resentment of me, because they think I am exactly like the son that attempted to murder the boyfriend for some reason).

The family did a real bang up job at assassinating my character in social circles and caused me a lot of [un]necessary insecurity, agony from isolation, embarrassment and depression for such a young woman that never even attended school or had friends most of my life.

The family caused my parents difficulty finding contract work in the construction industry in state and they cornered us financially in order to bring me out of the house to toy with me and groom me to see if I was worthy of being used by them for personal gain or tossed aside like garbage. I was hired at a place down the street from where my parents had moved and low-and-behold the Mormon family had overrun this store. His children worked there and one of his wives worked there as well. Obviously the wife needed to be seen by me and wanted me to observe her provocative behavior to get a reaction out of me. I had some unknown people toy with me to see how I would react to their games, and then the daughter would flaunt herself around the store when I was the only one around to see and behaved provocatively just like the other mother to get my attention. Previously, the boyfriend who survived introduced himself to me and pretended to act nice to me, but I wasn't buying it because I knew these people thought very lowly of me, and this game that they had construed for me was becoming unbearable and I was cracking internally--and who wouldn't? My teen-hood and relationships had been destroyed because of these women.

I made a stink at work and got fired because I realized what they were doing to me, and I was scared because of what I had already been through. I needed time to recover my mental and emotional health. I moved in with my boyfriend and his family and things quickly soured. I began feeling ill and confused again but it wasn't ambient abuse so much this time as just feeling physically ill and mentally confused all the time. A few years later, I quit my job because I'm not getting along with any of my co-workers even though I am a good employee and my partner cannot find work in state where we live and so we move back to Tennessee. This move is where everything falls apart for me [again] because of this family.

Apparently, the wife who quit her job to work at the store with her husband, convinced my boyfriend's parents of her innocence of any character assassination and grooming conspiracy on her end, her tragic family history and grave prognoses and my boyfriend's family falls for it. My boyfriend's family tries to render me infertile with chemicals they have lying around the house and/or cause me cancer to "teach me a lesson". They had poisoned me with household chemicals the entire time, and for a final "f*** you" my boyfriend's dad tried to break my car's axle before we left and almost succeeded and covers all of my undergarments and belongings in pesticides and I have to throw all of my belongings away. This experience of stalking and harassment caused my sister and my brother-in-law to turn on me, and has caused me a great deal of social and interpersonal contempt and permanent harm even in my apartment where I live.

Again, after I get settled into my apartment, and try to get over the experience I realize that another one of the wives from before works where I am working as an HR rep' and she attempts to get me to go to their church after I open up to her about my struggle to adjust during the whole experience from my boyfriend's parents. Later, I have a group of Mormons come to my door and try to get me to go to their church, but after what I have been through I am done playing their games. These people have been putting my life in danger for too long because of their petty jealousies and anxieties that have nothing to do with me and I am tired of being treated like a second class citizen because I'm different. I am who I am and I am not going to change who I am unless I'm getting paid a big fat check to do so. I am not a phony and I will not be toyed with anymore.

I am still struggling to gain control over my reputation and am still experiencing stigma and harassment at work on a daily basis because of these people religious psychosis.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 08:06PM

Well if that doesn't turn you off religion for life, then nothing would.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:14PM

Stay out of TN

Date: November 28, 2018 10:13AM

I have tried to move away from Tennessee several times but I have never been to school and I am too poor to live anywhere else, and this family keeps following me everywhere I go--if they can't physically they will make contact with people I know in other ways...

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:21PM

The lady we all know:

The help you need is probably organized (in your area) under the category of Domestic Violence Programs.

Google: Domestic Violence Programs, [your nearest big town or city], [your state].

There should a number of returns which show up and which are geographically fairly close to you. (Means: either in your county, or in a nearby county.)

Pick one, go over there, and explain what you have said in this post. They may not be able to help you directly, but they WILL know precisely where you CAN obtain help, and they will either make a phone call to that resource themselves, or they will send you to the best place for you, WITH a referral from them (which will cut through a lot of potential red tape--you can get to the right place which can help you fastest by using, initially, a Domestic Violence program).

The sooner you do this, the sooner you will be able to connect with whichever resource can help you the most.

I wish you all the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 09:22PM by Tevai.

Date: November 28, 2018 10:17AM

I appreciate your help a lot, but it's more to do with the people; this is not something that is easily shaken off and forgotten. I think they think I possessed one of their son's into hurting someone; I don't even know this family to be honest, even though I recognize them pretty much everywhere I go...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 10:15PM

I make it a practice to avoid drama in my life and to avoid people who engage in drama. At times this has involved removing myself from given people or a given group of people.

If you need to move to get away from these people, then move. If you need to get a new group of friends, or a new job, or a new boyfriend, then do that. Do what you need to do in order to bring peace to your life.

Date: November 28, 2018 10:20AM

It's not something easily explained or translates well, I greatly appreciate your kindness. I have attempted to move several times but am unable to because I am too uneducated and too poor to do so, and it doesn't matter anyway because this family will make contact with the people I get involved with no matter where I go, I guess they take their point of view of the situation much more seriously that I imagined at first. I am definitely against "demon possession" BS, these people need to take responsibility for their actions and stop trying to get me put in jail like their son.

Posted by: Titanic Survivor ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 03:05PM

You clearly have good grammar and spelling and you are fairly articulate. Maybe you are lacking a degree, but you are hardly under an educational handicap as far as I can see. You sound perfectly able to research things and communicate as needed.

Date: November 28, 2018 10:27AM

Thank you so much

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 01:34PM

To: The Lady We All Know

Please stop saying that you are "too uneducated and too poor" ti make a change in your circumstances. With that thinking, you have given up without throwing a punch. No matter your educational background, you can change that. Search online for GED (I dont know if you finished hs), job training or college classes near you.

Stop thinking that your situation is hopeless. It is not. It may not be easy but it is not impossible.

There have been many women with no education, with children and running from abuse who have attained education, gotten viable jobs and were able to make it on their own.

Your circumstances are surmountable.
Where there is a WILL, there is a WAY. This is not just an adage. It is a TRUTH. You CAN change your life.

Nothing beats a failure but a TRY.
You do also need some counseling to help you with the trauma and PTSD of your past. Yet, when Tevai made a suggestion toward help, you knocked it down.

You've got to make some steps yourself. You'll feel better just knowing you're doing SOMETHING. You'll feel empowered by even the smallest step toward changing your situation. Don't waddle in the depression. Get up and DO something.
Make a list of goals. Then, everyday, make calls or online search for avenues to that goal. Keep a notebook with all your info in it.

Do you have a car? If not, also check for city or county buses.
Are you working now? If you are, look for help with rent deposits. Some agencies do help.

Again, you CAN do this!

I'll be praying for you.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 02:23PM

lisadee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To: The Lady We All Know
>
> Please stop saying that you are "too uneducated
> and too poor" ti make a change in your
> circumstances. With that thinking, you have given
> up without throwing a punch. No matter your
> educational background, you can change that.
> Search online for GED (I dont know if you finished
> hs), job training or college classes near you.
>
> Stop thinking that your situation is hopeless. It
> is not. It may not be easy but it is not
> impossible.
>
> There have been many women with no education, with
> children and running from abuse who have attained
> education, gotten viable jobs and were able to
> make it on their own.
>
> Your circumstances are surmountable.
> Where there is a WILL, there is a WAY. This is not
> just an adage. It is a TRUTH. You CAN change your
> life.
>
> Nothing beats a failure but a TRY.
> You do also need some counseling to help you with
> the trauma and PTSD of your past. Yet, when Tevai
> made a suggestion toward help, you knocked it
> down.
>
> You've got to make some steps yourself. You'll
> feel better just knowing you're doing SOMETHING.
> You'll feel empowered by even the smallest step
> toward changing your situation. Don't waddle in
> the depression. Get up and DO something.
> Make a list of goals. Then, everyday, make calls
> or online search for avenues to that goal. Keep a
> notebook with all your info in it.
>
> Do you have a car? If not, also check for city or
> county buses.
> Are you working now? If you are, look for help
> with rent deposits. Some agencies do help.
>
>
> Again, you CAN do this!
>
> I'll be praying for you.

I would say, based on her posts, she is pretty educated. She clearly is quite literate. Grammar, spelling, vocabulary etc

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 03:29PM

angela Wrote.....

> I would say, based on her posts, she is pretty
> educated. She clearly is quite literate. Grammar,
> spelling, vocabulary etc

Angela, I agree. I'm not saying she's not intelligent.
SHE says she is "too uneducated."

Intelligence and formal education are not the same.
All I was suggesting was that if she lacks formal education to work toward attaining it...be it a GED or college classes.

Date: November 28, 2018 02:22PM

Do the Mormon fundies go around trying to convert people?

I always thought that they were such a closed group that they stayed pretty much to themselves, unlike the mainstream LDS church, which they are NOT apart of

Posted by: logged off now ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 02:24PM

Cross-referencing your other thread

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2179492

"I don't know what their true intentions are or even if they HAVE a goal here. They are like Asian I think."

"I can't get away from these people. No matter where I go there they are… I need help with this Mormon family that lives near me. These people are a Mormon polygamist family"

"these people have it out for me because they are all so ridiculously good looking"

This incredibly good-looking, possibly Asian, Mormon polygamist family in Tennessee is chasing you all over the state trying to bring you in or, barring that, destroy your life and the lives of your other family members. Does that sound about right?

Upthread, you write:

"This is a convoluted, distressing and painful stealthy family affair that has been caused by many paranoid accusations, grandiose melodrama and attempted murder on their end, and suspicions about my character and usefulness for their benefit. My experience has been of much uncalled for resentment, sexual harassment, bullying and baiting, and competition for attention and status"

and yet you're "too poor and uneducated" to leave Tennessee? This does not sound to me like the writing style of an uneducated person. You have/had a car (BF's dad tried to break its axle) so yes, you ARE able to leave. The cost of living is not materially higher in West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama or Mississippi. Unless these Asian Mormon polygamists are homeless, they can't simply uproot themselves to follow you.

Date: November 28, 2018 02:26PM

logged off now Wrote:

> and yet you're "too poor and uneducated" to leave
> Tennessee? This does not sound to me like the
> writing style of an uneducated person. You
> have/had a car (BF's dad tried to break its axle)
> so yes, you ARE able to leave.

I picked up on the inconsistencies as well.

That is why I think there is a possibility of a mental health issue at play here, more than anything

Posted by: logged off now ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 02:40PM

One other thing. On the other thread, you wrote:

"Her older brother disemboweled him. The older brother is in prison I assume"

So one of these super-hot Asian Mormon polygamists disemboweled a "Proud Boy" (whatever that is) and was arrested for it. This would, of course, bring the entire family to the attention of the local police, who would then be aware of the entire clan of hot Asian Mormon polygs. I mean, how many families like that could there be in those parts?

If you went to the cops about all the harassment, I bet they would listen closely since the clan would already be on their radar. Cops there will be quick to shut down any polyg activity in their area before the local press finds out.

Date: November 28, 2018 02:44PM

logged off now Wrote:
Cops there will
> be quick to shut down any polyg activity in their
> area before the local press finds out.

Oh yea, how in the world has the media, local and national, not jumped all over this, based the the story OP has written???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 02:45PM by angela.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 03:15PM

logged off now Wrote:
> ...disemboweled a "Proud Boy" (whatever that is)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 03:05PM

I was wondering the same thing about the police in the picture, as far as one of the family members being arrested and in jail now.
I’m sure they did more in depth investigating, as far as this family is concerned.
I wonder if they did come over to the family’s house, if they didn’t talk and interview any of the neighbours.
If this is going on with the same family already on their radar, they should respond pretty quickly to anything else involving this family

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 28, 2018 03:10PM

There appears to be a large degree of paranoia and a lot of supposition in this story. I find it highly unlikely anyone is going to follow anyone anywhere these days.
I'd suggest you get into counseling and learn how to deal with these situations.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.