Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 12:30AM

Whenever a Mormon tries to answer serious and thoughtful questions about the legitimacy of Mormon doctrine and teachings...by citing Mormon scriptures that assert that it's all from God...it reminds me of a 10-year-old box of corn flakes that has the words "Fresh!" and "Delicious!" printed right there on the box in big, bold, brightly colored letters.

"Oooh! Yuck! These corn flakes taste like stale, moldy cardboard or something. Totally inedible!"

"But, but...you must be wrong! The corn flakes are fresh and delicious! They have always been fresh and delicious and always will be fresh and delicious!"

"No way. The flakes taste horrible. How can you say that they are fresh and delicious??"

"Look, stupid. Look right here on the box. It says "Fresh!" and it says "Delicious!" What's wrong with you? Don't you know how to read? Now, shut up and eat your fresh and delicious corn flakes! Whiner..."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 12:37AM

I don't know how they do it! I've searched sporadically, but I have no idea where the "Use By" date is on the mormonism package.

I am convinced that it was sometime in the late 1990s, but they are doing a damn fine job of hiding it!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 01:35AM

Never mind that the carton of milk expired sometime last century.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 06:30PM

crunch
crunch
crunch

sickening

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 07:25PM

'I wish' Mormonism was that simple!

most food products (especially those from Major brands) are sold with a money-back guarantee; Mormonism isn't.

If you're not satisfied, it's YOUR FAULT!!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 07:34PM

LOL! All of this is really putting Mormonism into perspective!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 07:37PM

Sadly, Wally, I was aware of this as an investigator. It bothered me that the church cited its own scriptures and leaders—rather than the Bible—when teaching doctrines. But, not enough from preventing me to drink the Kool-Aid.

There were a couple of Biblical lines that didn’t fit at all—Jesus’s answer that in the Ressurrection people weren’t married, but were as angels, or that one is saved by grace (repeated many times), and the one-line zinger of a rhetorical question—“Why, then, do ye baptize for the dead?”

But hey, I was an 18 year old who needed a cause and a place to belong—the church was true, I was special, and I KNEW...Jack Shit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.