Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 02:53AM

Sometimes kids are smarter than the adults are. I just remember seeing my mom backing her temple clothes into a small suitcase on the bed. What really got my attention was the green apron. I laughed and said do you really wear those? I got the whit robe and slippers and stuff but that green apron stood out. I was thinking what do they do in there? Worship the Jolly Green Giant? I also thought no way in hell and I going to the temple and wearing that shit. Unfortunately I did go to the temple are wear that shit. Family pressure man. I felt like Al Pacino in The Godfather. The more I try to get out the more they pull me in!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 07:10AM

what their parents actually get up to in the temples.

The way the parents talk about it makes you think that it's just really boring adult stuff, where they learn really important, but complicated information about God and the meaning of life, leaving the kid with the impression that it's all way above the pay-grade of the kid, but if he/she is good and well-behaved the time will come to learn that really important information.

But...

In reality, the kid's parents are standing around an altar wearing shower caps on their heads, wearing those green aprons and jabbing their elbows in the shoulders of people standing next to them while chanting "pay, lay, ale" in unison. If kids were able to see that, it would probably scare the sheet out of them and damage them for life. "My parents are zombified freaks in a Stephen King horror movie!"

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 09:51AM

Come to think of it, my mom used to kick me out of her room when she said she was packing her temple bag. I had forgotten about that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.