Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 01:49PM

Ridiculous.

Notice where they are meeting. Holland didn't even get an interview in her office. He had to accost her while she was waiting for the elevator.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 01:50PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ridiculous.
>
> Notice where they are meeting. Holland didn't
> even get an interview in her office. He had to
> accost her while she was waiting for the elevator.

That is pretty much what I noticed and thought.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 02:00PM

Looks like he didn't get to see her at No 10 but was able to see her in an office at Westminster.

What I love is May looks like she can't wait for the photo op to be over. LOL.

Date: November 21, 2018 02:04PM

No office meeting. The meeting was in the hallway.

If you read the article (maybe not worth the time), it avoids saying it was an elevator meeting but says several times how rushed she was and how she made a bit of time for him.

It brings to mind memories of Jeff Flake getting waylaid by protesters in the elevator at the Senate. Holland is a well-dressed irritant, nothing more.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 02:49PM

I did read the article and the captions under all the pictures. They did meet with May - thought likely briefly - in her office at Westminster.

Date: November 21, 2018 05:36PM

Yes, the article says Holland was "with" May for 15 minutes in her office. It does not say he "met with" her for 15 minutes in her office.

My interpretation is that they had a tentative appointment in her office but she was busy, so he waited for 15 minutes in her antechamber. She then let him in for a standing chat, at which he handed over the big genealogy chart. If you look at her body language when receiving that thing, she looks preoccupied and eager to leave. She then said, "I gotta go" and he accompanied her to the elevator, where he gave her the book.

I doubt they shared 100 words in what looks like a meeting she never even wanted.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 02:06PM

Bamboozled Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like he didn't get to see her at No 10 but
> was able to see her in an office at Westminster.
>
> What I love is May looks like she can't wait for
> the photo op to be over. LOL.

Ha! Looked at the article and pictures. Holland has more chins than chinatown.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 02:02PM

Holland and May deserve each other.

Date: November 21, 2018 02:04PM

That May be true.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 12:34PM

Hahahaha!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 03:06PM

Why do they do this stuff? Why do they think that offering somebody's family tree makes them sooo important.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 03:18PM

the pedigree looked a little big, I wouldn't gleefully hang that on my wall and I have lots of stuff all over my house (hoarder), though I guess it's a gift and she has to act nice in front of the camera.

Genealogy is so important to Mormons for some reason.

Posted by: brigantia not logged in ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 05:55PM

If anyone outside my family handed me geneology information I'd be likely to ask who gave permission for all the delving and poking around stuff that is not their business.

Briggy

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 08:20PM

A tiny sect headquartered in the American boondocks - but so self-important.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 08:32PM

“Wait, aren’t you that creepy cult that pimped young British women for Joseph Smith?”

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 08:56PM

as if the PM isn't busy enough with Brexit & other super-important matters...

sheesh! poor, inconsiderate timing.

Posted by: brigantia not logged in ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 03:22AM

So......looking for a report of this in the Parliamentary bulletin, nothing. BBC's report Today in Parliament didn't mention this either. I do note however that Holland sat in the gallery for 'strangers' during Question Time and was guided towards the PM by a Mormon MP using his parliamentary privilege. The local primary school had a similar experience this year. I've no doubt Holland signed the visitors book, as did I a few years ago when I did my tour.

Briggy

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 03:37AM

The only references to this amazing event I can find in an Internet search come from KSL, Deseret News, mormonnewsroom, and LDS Life.
Apparently outside of Utah, it is of exactly zero significance.

Date: November 22, 2018 03:39AM

That sounds fitting.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 04:26AM

Kerr, a former Area Seventy of the church, was elected last year.

"As far as we know, no sitting prime minister has had the good fortune of ever meeting an apostle before."

Better still there is Jesus himself from Australia yet to meet.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 11:20AM

I was kind of amazed at Kerr's comments. Nowhere did he say or even imply that Holland was privileged that May made time for and was willing to meet with him. The privilege was all hers, for having met an LDS apostle! Ummm, ok.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 05:12AM

the presentation of an award to the Chief Squirrel Control Officer for North London and official photo showing May's receipt of a letter of congratulations from a girl's school in Manchester. Originally, the time was slotted for a promotional photo with a Dalek replica from Dr. Who, but the Dalek replica was damaged in transit, so Holland, previously on a diplomatically offered "waiting list" unexpectedly got worked in to fill the empty slot.

May looks absolutely thrilled! (Just kidding. She looks like she's trying to figure out who these people are and why any kind of meeting was schedule with them.)

It's hilarious that guys like Holland are chasing after fame and status through meet-and-greets with political establishment hacks like May. Does he think it will raise his status or the status of the Church in the eyes of the general public?

Can you imagine Jesus begging for an appointment to meet some corrupt politician and offering to give a free Jesus blessing as an inducement. "Pleeeaaase....I really want to see the Prime Minister! Pleeeaaase....tell her I have a free book and a blessing for her. I've been waiting for 3 hours! I'm Jesus fer Christ's sake! Why can't I just get 10 minutes in front of the elevator or something?"

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 06:11AM

LOL! Really, who are they fooling? Look at the body language! In one photo it looks like she is pointing towards the door! Whoever let those yokels into that office will be reprimanded, that's for sure. I'm sure the Utahans were searched, in case they were packing pistols.

Absolutely, my response would have been, "Who gave you permission to dig into my private family life?"

No one was sitting down, in any of the photos.

You Brits would know if this was a waiting room, or the PM's inner office. Looks like a waiting area to me.

How phony and presumptuous to have a Mormon photographer there, to capture the whole thing. It was like a set-up ambush. As Lot's Wife says, "He had to ACCOST her while she was waiting for the elevator."

I don't know why I think this is so funny. Thanks for the good laugh!

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 07:15AM

Looks like it was an awkward meeting. SMH

The PM has her hands full with what will most likely be a hard Brexit.

Lucky for Britain the U.S. stands ready with trade deals which will benefit both countries.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 11:29AM

I really feel that it's rude to give religious scriptures as a gift to elected officials and leaders unless you are certain that the scriptures will be both meaningful and welcomed. Holland at least seemed to realize that it was a privilege for him to visit with the P.M. Kerr was being rather arrogant in stating that the good fortune was hers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2018 11:29AM by summer.

Posted by: ObservingOne ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 09:40PM

Looks like the Church is trying to suck-up to the Brits because they lost their tax exempt status on the Temple in England. Maybe “Tom, the AnointedOne’s” efforts have begun to pay off.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 22, 2018 09:46PM

as they were parting, Theresa May said: "It was a pleasure to meet you Mr. Netherlands. I will treasure this gynecology thing that you have given me for a long time."

He was doubly disturbed when, as he was waiting for the elevator, he overheard her tell an assistant to "take this thing down to recycling, unless you have some use for it."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.